Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front foot pad pain

Re: Front foot pad pain

Hi headless, sorry for the delay replying - have had to focus on getting made redundant !

It never rains eh .... ?!

I had a procedure to drain the foot yesterday with various needles, the largest of which would more properly be described as a small pipe. The quacks now reckon I have burst the sheath surrounding the tendon supporting the 3rd toe on top of the foot, so there is a leak of sinovial fluid about the size of your little finger which they are trying to drain. Yesterday failed to get all the gunk out as it wad too thick even with the 50-calibre needle so I am back to having surgery it would seem to fix this. Like you my symptoms are getting better with rest [ no running for 4 months!] but it is not going away without further intervention. Anyone else had this before? Seems to be a pretty uncertain area of cause / symptom / treatment in the medics , or am I just being over cynical?

Quick update... Medic advised me to basically go for a run and see how it felt. Discomfort easing now after 5 runs - toes look like the elephant man's but no significant pain in the foot - a few twinges, that's all even when downhilling . I think I got lucky and would now recommend this procedure I had - as it is virtually non-invasive it has to be a better option than cutting the foot open. Total lack of fitness now a major concern ... Aiming for the OMM LS , so have some time ... Planning to take things carefully , especially here in the sunny southeast where the ground is about to become like cast iron when the trees come into leaf. Repeating this injury would not be on my wish list.

This is very interesting, I got a pain around the area between the MTP joints of the 2nd and 3rd toes which made me limp, but being 4 miles from home I ran through the acute pain and it did get better (duller). A bruise came out on the top of my foot, but not on the bottom! This has happened several time since and I've nearly always been able to run the next day without pain. I've had x-rays, nothing fractured and I haven't let it stop me running. The bruise (and pain) is about 1/4 inch up from the webbing between the 2nd and 3rd toes.

lost between Blackstone Edge and Stoodley Pike

Quote Originally Posted by orbitfish View Post
    This is very interesting, I got a pain around the area between the MTP joints of the 2nd and 3rd toes which made me limp, but being 4 miles from home I ran through the acute pain and it did get better (duller). A bruise came out on the top of my foot, but not on the bottom! This has happened several time since and I've nearly always been able to run the next day without pain. I've had x-rays, nothing fractured and I haven't let it stop me running. The bruise (and pain) is about 1/4 inch up from the webbing between the 2nd and 3rd toes.
    Orbit fish, I might be barking up the wrong tree but have a look at Morton's Neuroma; might be your problem!

WIth regards

Gaz