Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Snowdon Marathon

Re: Snowdon Marathon 2011

3.46 on 15 miles per week is incredible ! i would be doing 40 miles a week and hope to beat 4 hrs !!! heres to next year . from watching the coverage on s4c i would say its the first 10 miles that takes it out of your legs ? no real flat running ?

Been searching everywhere but i still can't find a watch like Maths (rhosgadmath) which warns you of impending dangers, saved his race by warning him with milliseconds to spare that the safety barrier was about to come down right in front of him! Garmin Foreboding?

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

He must've been tempted to nip through the gap in the fencing & look for a shortcut. Did the bloke without shoes finish?
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

I wondered that. I expect he realised it was a bad idea on the track down into NantGwynant.....

Post snowdon marathon

right can anyone tell me about this race ive just secured a place at last minute and just need to know the course i am training at the moment for bgr thought it would be a good training run even tho most of it is on road well i think anyway with not doing it before don,t know, can anyone explaine the ups and downs or know a decent website that tells me what i need to know

Re: snowdon marathon

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    right can anyone tell me about this race ive just secured a place at last minute and just need to know the course i am training at the moment for bgr thought it would be a good training run even tho most of it is on road well i think anyway with not doing it before don,t know, can anyone explaine the ups and downs or know a decent website that tells me what i need to know
    It's a road run.. some tracks, if its wet then the 23-25 or so can be slippy but wear road shoes.

Basically starts just outside llanberis now, heads up the pass then a long descent to nantwgynant which now uses the old track under the road.. then flat in the valley until beddgelert, there's then a long climb which isn't steep to ryhd ddu, then a quick descent and long flat mainly, some downhills, into Waunfawr.. then a steep climb back over bwlch y groes, around the side of eilio and a steep descent into llanberis to finish on the high street.

The new course is better than the old one I think.. a nicer finish the old one had a strange loop in the village but you also get more support on the street..

The weather has been pretty bad every year I've done it.. 08,09,10 and 11.. Its not as slow as people think.. for me I've ran 2:51-3:03 its probably 10 mins, max 15 mins off a PB course.

Watch the early long descent, there's a lot of quick runnig from half way to 22 if you still have your legs..

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    Here's the route with profile etc for you.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/54981093

thanks Iain for info , Ady are you doing this years race

Yes got a late entry.

ady you run about same pace as what i do i could do with a drag round this one how about teaming up