Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Ayton

Great Ayton

Wassit like, then? Going for a short break there soon. Hope to do a bit of running and cycling.

Re: Great Ayton

I'll let the 'locals' fill in the detail but great for getting up to Roseberry Topping/Captain Cook's Monument and other North York Moors/Cleveland Hills landmarks.

Cheers multi. I just found this online: http://www.walkjogrun.net/running-ro...Great%20Ayton/ Looks like there's a bit of scope. I'll take an OS map.

Good running and cycling in the area. For a good road ride head out to Rosedale via Kildale and Castleton. If you're feeling really fit try Chimney bank - supposedly the steepest climb in England. Good roads and little traffic.

Running wise you are a short run from both Roseberry Topping and Captain Cook's monument. From there you can easily head into the Moors. If you look on the Esk Valley Fell Club website at the race routes there are a number that take in Roseberry including the Three Tops. The race itself is on 30th October if you're around.

If you are here on a Tuesday you are welcome to join us on the night for a steady/easy night run.

Thanks for that. I'll have to see if I can get away with a Tues night run! Cheers.

Deadlegs - I can't open the page on the site for Tues traning runs. Where do you meet?
    Last edited by fishbulb; 18-10-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Nice area for running and I can vouch for the friendliness of Esk Valley and the quality of their Tuesday night runs (OK I'm not going tonight, it's rest time!)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    Thanks for that. I'll have to see if I can get away with a Tues night run! Cheers.

Deadlegs - I can't open the page on the site for Tues traning runs. Where do you meet?
    Look on the updates page at the latest blog "The Esker" where Clive has given details of the next few runs.
    Alternatively if you let ba-ba or me know when you are coming up and we'll let you know.

very good mountain biking, both xc [endless choice of routes] and downhill-guisborough forest, pinchinthorpe area

Cheers all. We are up Monday - Friday next week.

Next Tuesday we are meeting at Bank Foot which is about half a mile west of Ingleby Greenhow and about 5 miles from Great Ayton, if that. The run will be a steady 8 miler or so.