Thread: Mudclaw 270 replacement

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire

Mudclaw 270 replacement

OK so my old mudclaw 270s are going the way of the bin. There is not a lot left of them and I have resisted so far but it is time to replace.....

So, do I go with the 272s and if so is there much difference to the old 270s (i hear they are a more generous size) or

do I say stuff you to inov-8s price hike over the last 12 months (I paid 55 for my last pair of x-talons!) and go back to walshes?

Now i haven't had any walshes for at least 5 years, so given that I think the 270s were the dogs ..., how do current PBs compare these days? (lights blue touch paper and retires to safe distance.):wink::wink:

Super Moderator

Re: Mudclaw 270 replacement

I've sent you a pm
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I've just got a pair and they're pretty good - they grip better but my foot slides around in them a bit, I may have got them slightly too big though. I've ran twice in them so far but they seem to be settling down nicely. The pair I've got ar perfect for training maybe half a size smaller and they'd be the perfect racing shoe...

The Mudclaw 272 has been a revelation for me, it's the only aggressively-soled fell shoe that has enough forefoot volume to fit my fat feet and I love them. Did I hear that the MK II 270 (ie. with INOV8 lettering on the side) was a similar (wider) fit? My only concern with them is a) the forefoot studs seem to wear down quickly and b) on all the pairs that I've owned the outer studs on the heel have nearly sheared off. I was in Pete Blands yesterday, my mate was buying a pair of 333s and I mentioned this issue, however it seems that PBs have not come across this problem before. Perhaps it's just me.

Martyn
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Plenty of good deals to be had with Inov-8s you just need to know where to look.

http://www.faster-feet.com/catalog/c1_p1.html

Sounds like Mudclaws are the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    The Mudclaw 272 has been a revelation for me, it's the only aggressively-soled fell shoe that has enough forefoot volume to fit my fat feet and I love them. Did I hear that the MK II 270 (ie. with INOV8 lettering on the side) was a similar (wider) fit? My only concern with them is a) the forefoot studs seem to wear down quickly and b) on all the pairs that I've owned the outer studs on the heel have nearly sheared off. I was in Pete Blands yesterday, my mate was buying a pair of 333s and I mentioned this issue, however it seems that PBs have not come across this problem before. Perhaps it's just me.

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    Plenty of good deals to be had with Inov-8s you just need to know where to look.

http://www.faster-feet.com/catalog/c1_p1.html

Cracking prices, they just don't have my size:thunbdown: