Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not For The Squeamish

Re: Not For The Squeamish

Looks lovely, bet that hurt when they cleaned it out :w00t: Hope you're nicely on the mend
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

I've had a look now.....

OUCH!

I guess that rules you out of the HPM...:thumbdown:
    Deserves to be on Dr bobs page on the DP site...

Strewth that looks it might sting a wee bit

Stopped me sulking about my cricked neck (almost)

Hope you mend soon
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    Looks lovely, bet that hurt when they cleaned it out :w00t: Hope you're nicely on the mend
    Fortunately most of the cleaning was done under GA so no pain. In fact the thing that's most uncomfortable is the splint straped round my leg pressing into my calf. I haven't had much pain at any stage, even when I first did it so I guess I've been pretty lucky. I've only had painkillers at night, plus local anaesthetic that they put in at A&E and during the ops.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I've had a look now.....

OUCH!

I guess that rules you out of the HPM...:thumbdown:
    Deserves to be on Dr bobs page on the DP site...
    Brave man. I thought of Dr Bob's site when I was sitting in A&E. You're welcome to take a copy to include there. I've had a bit of a struggle finding the page, but eventually found the folder on the DPFR site Photos tab on the second page.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Strewth that looks it might sting a wee bit

Stopped me sulking about my cricked neck (almost)

Hope you mend soon
    I'm hoping it will be reasonably quick. It's had the best possible start to mending with all the attention it's had at Bangor and I'm so full of antibiotics, the bugs don't have a chance. The stitches are due out in two weeks, but I hope I'll be able to ditch the splint sooner than that.
    Last edited by Marvin; 30-10-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typo

Why did I look? Why????:w00t: That looks horrible. Makes me think I should stop whinging about my dodgy knee! Hope you recover asap Marvin.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

That knee looks like it might sting for a while - cripes. Still , may polish out ....

Debridement is a bit nasty too, had that done in 95 and it took a couple of years at least for things to settle down enough for long distance running. Long term it's genius though, so worth the pain.

Good luck Andy for a complete recovery - I would say fingers crossed but you may not find the irony funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Indeed.

My son is a Doctor and he says the worst thing a patient can hear in a hospital is "Oh this looks interesting!" because it means the Dr has probably never encountered the problem before. And if he then invites his colleagues to also take a look...
    I have a photo some where..no it will NEVER appear on any public forum from a first aid course i did with the fire brigade of an Interesting injury including patients notes and surgeons reports(anon of course) the cas agreed post care in the interests of cas care to share the knowledge. It involved a fallen climber who hadn't fastened his harness properly (Big lesson there) The "casualty" was in a lot of pain despite not hitting the ground or bouncing of any rock.

I've seen it make grown men cry....It was whats called a degloving injury....I feel thats already too much detail needless to say it will make any man squirm........

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I've seen it make grown men cry....It was whats called a degloving injury....I feel thats already too much detail needless to say it will make any man squirm........
    I can't quite imagine what it is, but it does indeed sound very disturbing. I'm glad I'm sitting down.

Could be useful for getting rid of trick-or-treaters tonight (the photo I mean, not the actual injury).

Ok I just about coped with the disturbing view of the inside of Marvin's knee......but the harness de-gloving injury has made me feel somewhat ill. Next time I inspect a roof my harness will be triple checked!

Marvin; sorry to hear of your accident on the bridge. The injury looks horrific, but because you're fit and strong you should heal quickly.

How are you getting on?

Stef
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

Andy i have only just seen this OMG the PUB stories about the shark attack can now be backed up with wound evidence.
    In all seriousness feet up relax take it easy and the mend time will be quicker best of luck sorry it's happened
    Going to try again....