Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running in Essex/Suffolk

Re: Running in Essex/Suffolk

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Daftasabrush will be our first or second lady, Oleg Beavis will be recognisable by his shorts (and will probably have a pint in his hand at the start) and of course yours truly will be there (near the back)
    I'll look out for you (if it's possible to look out for someone who's Invisible).
    I've just got my job for Wicken Hill from BillJ, and it seems I'm the sweeper.
    So if you spot a guy behind everyone else, wheezing along uprooting flags, that could be me.
    Actually, that describes my normal race performance pretty accurately, minus the bit about the flags.

LOL at the southener who should live up north - I am a southerner up north who IS going to be living where she really should be which is down south!

Believe me the hills are wicked up here but I miss the South.. no savaloy's up here, gravy on chips, barns not rolls...lol.. madness!
    Wants to see the Old Fella again SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    I've just got my job for Wicken Hill from BillJ, and it seems I'm the sweeper.

Were you the sweeper last year? Some of our "hills are alive" ladies will be there again so enjoy your walk

Morning Egglett

We've got a trail race tonight. Weather can't be any worse than yesterday - thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening....

Galelaooooo galelaoooo!! LOL

The worst I ran in was with Lostock in the winter one night - freezin cold up on Winter Hill and misty as hell.. head torches just making it worse cos was like running in your own personal cloud and then one of the guy's thinks it's funny to start telling me creepy story's!!

ARrrgghhhhhh
    Wants to see the Old Fella again SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Were you the sweeper last year? Some of our "hills are alive" ladies will be there again so enjoy your walk
    No, last year I marshalled at the road. I'm looking forward to a gentle sweep this year. It'll be a luxury to come last on purpose for a change. Tell Sister Maria and the other nuns not to hurry. I don't want to be left behind by anyone trying to run whilst playing the guitar.

Can I stick up a flag for Mid Essex Casuals. We are very small ( under 50 Members) but almost entirely off road based. We compete in three cross country leagues ( North, Mid and Essex ) and through the summer have numerous trail races.
    The website is www.midessexcasuals.org.uk Races tend to be Chelmsford/ Colchester area.

If you want a hill you might be best to bring one down with you !!!

Box hill in January is a good fell race near Gatwick airport.