Thread: Is this just masochistic?

Is this just masochistic?

Has anybody ever had do run right though the middle of a nettle bush in a race, so that the whole of your legs get a stinging. This has happened to me a few times and I actually quite enjoy the feeling you get after the race in your legs. Its like a kind of warm glowing feeling like pins and needles everywhere. I find it more annoying just getting one sting, as you can identify where the source of irritation is then.

Master and MR

Re: Is this just masochistic?

i once led a club run down a track that was totally overgrown with nettles resulting in most of the club being up all night with the nettle rash driving them mad
    we dont use that route anymore

ive just got used to be nettled every day on my runs and i dont seem to notice the stings anymore

Don't know if it's an urban myth but someone told me that nettles were introduced by the Romans who would thrash themselves with them to keep warm, or perhaps like A.G. they just kinda liked it...

You can make nettle knickers.

Just be aware of the rash, it can sting you.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Not done the nettle thing but one of our club stal'warts' led a run that took us through a big thicket of Holly!!! in an attempt to find an interesting sheep fold!!

My leg (left only, nettles only on one side of the path!) got stung (a lot) on a training run, it was cold and wet so I didn't really notice - until I got back to the nice warm house. Then my leg started with the pins & needles, red rash and very itchy - this lasted for 2 days!!
    Luckily it was only knee and outer thigh not inner thigh as that would have been very embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by DanAzz View Post
    Luckily it was only knee and outer thigh not inner thigh as that would have been very embarassing.
    Try to explain that one to 'er indoors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    Has anybody ever had do run right though the middle of a nettle bush in a race, so that the whole of your legs get a stinging. This has happened to me a few times and I actually quite enjoy the feeling you get after the race in your legs. Its like a kind of warm glowing feeling like pins and needles everywhere. I find it more annoying just getting one sting, as you can identify where the source of irritation is then.

weirdo

The final descent from Greeba in the fell race of the same name, included a charge through Gorse bushes which covered the mountainside. I was picking thorns out of my shins for about 8 weeks!