Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Spine

Re: The Spine

Hey ukhursty!

True the ticket price is high but when you consider this race is in winter and factor in the difficulties posed, expertise required and the other costs it's pretty good value. I think if you ask any of the 2012 Spiners they would agree! One thing to note is that we are, or at least aim to be, a self-sufficient organisation when it comes to course evacuation and only require the use of MRT's in the most challenging of circumstances. This year our team had many incidents to deal with and we didn't have to call on a single MRT once.

Scott

me and a mate are considering the challenger is it a straight run through event or a mountain marathon type ? the price is a consideration though. did it fill up this year ?

Hi old un,

It's a straight run through (if you want) with a CP near Hebden Bridge - Mark Brooks who won it stayed for 2 hours and then carried straight on. There were beds there and hot food/ water, even showers! You get 60 hours because the conditions could make it a real challenge!

All of the races Spine Challenger/ Spine Race are non-stop but you can stay for 12 hours at a CP and get a good night/ days rest if needs require!

We like the fact you're on your own clock - it makes coming up with a race strategy more fun. Also, we found people were estimating 8-10 hours to CP1 and it turned more into 14-17 hours.

Scott
    Weatherised.com / Challenge Nature

Oh and filling up... no it didn't sell out in 2012. We had a lot of interest but most were trying to figure out if it was possible! We were lucky to get the competitors we did (and we are very appreciative of their support) who were willing to try it out. This year we expect both event allocations to go as there are 6* (corrected!) months remaining before we close entries and have a waiting list in place.
    Last edited by scottgilmour; 28-01-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks for info scott sounds a grand day+ out and not much on in jan.. Although our entry will have to wait as weve just shelled out on filling our calender for this year and its a bit early for paying out 160 quid for next years races for us but will look again later in year, hope u get your numbers scott.

Thanks old un,

Hope so! Always nice to meet people I've had some interaction with - on that note PM me if you have any questions or if it's easier you can get in touch via the website - Happy to answer all sensible questions!

Good luck with your season,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottgilmour View Post
    Thanks old un,

Hope so! Always nice to meet people I've had some interaction with - on that note PM me if you have any questions or if it's easier you can get in touch via the website - Happy to answer all sensible questions!

Good luck with your season,
    Scott
    Hi Scott thanks for letting us(Trigger Race) use the hall in Edale on Sunday, we popped in early doors to say hi but you were already on the road. spoke to some of your team. glad it was a success.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Hi Scott thanks for letting us(Trigger Race) use the hall in Edale on Sunday, we popped in early doors to say hi but you were already on the road. spoke to some of your team. glad it was a success.
    Ian
    Hey Ian,

No problem - if it's the same times next year we can probably work out doing the same again! I heard the Trigger was amazing as well!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottgilmour View Post
    Hey Ian,

No problem - if it's the same times next year we can probably work out doing the same again! I heard the Trigger was amazing as well!

Scott
    Certainly couldn't fault the weather...

If you need any help with the set up let me know and if I'm free I'll come down.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Certainly couldn't fault the weather...

If you need any help with the set up let me know and if I'm free I'll come down.
    Brilliant - I might just take you up on that!

Well I might see if I can meet up with Andy at some point - I'm planning on having another crack at the Yukon in 2013. So, if you're a native to those parts might be good to meet up?

Scott