Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ....After fellrunning

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    If I have one regret in life it's that I've never been involved with live music. I can't play any instruments but I do fancy a bit of singing when my knees are shot :closed:
    I still fancy a bit of singing . . .
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Did my first Northern Masters Athletic Club event today in the majestically beautiful setting of Smithills country Park Bolton .I opted for the 10k trail race �� (5k one lap also available ,entry was very simple age cat & name guest or ? pay £3 either way.Job done no kit checks no faff map of course available but not needed ..Went of bang on time after a couple of warnings ..
    Across Smithills School fooball pitches with steeper hill than yesterdays GMXC past Smithills Hall up by the back of the "walled garden" up the hill right turn at Tippet house across to Horrocks woods straight on past the old miners railway wagon turn right and fast down the bridle way (chopped tyres & sand £200,000 worth)mind the ruts ,proper ankle breakers these ,Ken did warn us �� steeply up the hill to rejion the route past Tippet House back to the leisure centre and if like me 10k repeat ,the sun was out on the second lap marvellous.Hot free showers available for those who wanted them ,I gave my thanks to the organizers and marshals and did a warm down 3 mile jog home .
    More to life than fell running ,lovely day out nice people and very relaxed ��
    Thanks to Ken Fowler ( Bolton Harriers)and all the folks at NMAC

Quote Originally Posted by B.Bill. View Post
    Did my first Northern Masters Athletic Club event today in the majestically beautiful setting of Smithills country Park Bolton .I opted for the 10k trail race �� (5k one lap also available ,entry was very simple age cat & name guest or ? pay £3 either way.Job done no kit checks no faff map of course available but not needed ..Went of bang on time after a couple of warnings ..
    Across Smithills School fooball pitches with steeper hill than yesterdays GMXC past Smithills Hall up by the back of the "walled garden" up the hill right turn at Tippet house across to Horrocks woods straight on past the old miners railway wagon turn right and fast down the bridle way (chopped tyres & sand £200,000 worth)mind the ruts ,proper ankle breakers these ,Ken did warn us �� steeply up the hill to rejion the route past Tippet House back to the leisure centre and if like me 10k repeat ,the sun was out on the second lap marvellous.Hot free showers available for those who wanted them ,I gave my thanks to the organizers and marshals and did a warm down 3 mile jog home .
    More to life than fell running ,lovely day out nice people and very relaxed ��
    Thanks to Ken Fowler ( Bolton Harriers)and all the folks at NMAC
    Was this on part of the route for the Smithills Serpent trail race Billy. I did that 6 years ago, i remember the chopped tyres well, not my idea of multi terrain but I suppose technically it is