Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultramarathon Man

Re: Ultramarathon Man

Quote Originally Posted by Calf View Post
    He's American he can't help it!
    American Greek - its the greek genes that give him the endurance I reckon- look at YDT!!

I've just finished this book - a pretty good read and I thought his bragging was quite restrained (for an American). Not sure how he finds time for all the windsurfing and stuff that he says needs 400 press ups a day, even on 4 hours kip a night.

I especially liked the bit about adding a marathon on to the end of a 200 mile run!!!

Wonder how he'd get on with a BGR/PBR/RR....

Mike Stroud's book is next after "running through the wall" - picked up a handy collection of books on long distnace runing for christmas (wife's trying to tell me something...)

I read this book in about a couple of hours (I like big fonts) and was impressed with his ability to just get out & run (& eat pizza, cheescake etc while running, this may have been a little poetic licence but made for a good story). Anyway, so impressed was I, that soon after finishing, and although I hadnt done much training I attempted two long (for me ) footpath runs on successive weekends (16 miles +). Of course.. this really hurt me, and it took me a few days to recover. So..... I'm convinced there may be some subliminal messages hidden somewhere in the text but I can deal with it now. I have lent the book to someone else (who has gone long-term injured. coincidence?)

Mmm he is FIT!
    Last edited by NirvanaBliss; 04-01-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: oh he went from cute to fit in a few mins!

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    Mmm he is FIT!
    He's said to be the fittest person on the planet.

But as for looks, google images him! Dean Karnazes

But, he's married.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    He's said to be the fittest person on the planet.

But as for looks, google images him! Dean Karnazes

But, he's married.
    Ooooh i didn't want to marry him...

But i like a nice set of thighs!! and he sure has them!!!

Now i am on google images, he also has a 6 pack! oooh lala

Very impressive runner but like others I'm not impressed with his arrogance.
    Hoping for a far more successful 2009

Haven't seen this particular book but for anyone who hasn't read it can I suggest Mike Cudahys 'Wild Trails to Far Horizons' - still pretty inspirational although a few years old, very relevant to long distance fell runing as opposed to road marathons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mxhornet View Post
    Very impressive runner but like others I'm not impressed with his arrogance.
    I'd agree that he's a little arrogant but to do what he's done/does I think you'd need to be. look at any exceptional tallent and and it will be there somewhere.... He also seems to have a heart of gold. A few runners will attempt a marathon for a good cause but 200 miles

Good read though, I've read it about 5 times especially when I need a kick up the backside after an injury or sickness....

Hmmm I think I'll just go see if I can find.....

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'd agree that he's a little arrogant but to do what he's done/does I think you'd need to be. look at any exceptional tallent and and it will be there somewhere.... He also seems to have a heart of gold. A few runners will attempt a marathon for a good cause but 200 miles

Good read though, I've read it about 5 times especially when I need a kick up the backside after an injury or sickness....

Hmmm I think I'll just go see if I can find.....

He likes gatorade or some sort of rocketfuel beverage that i cannot remember
    Unlike us lot who prefer a pint of farmers blonde

I bought this book in an airport and by the time I'd stepped off the plane at the destination I'd finished it, it was Auckland to London, but a great read. He is a bit bullshitty, but while that detracts, he's also american and also his job is/was marketing. In the end I've just taken it that he says what he says so he can make a living out of running while also supporting good causes. I'd just take any unsubstantiated results as just that but that fact remains he can run a bloody long way in a decent time.