Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vivobarefoot Neo Trail anyone?

Re: Vivobarefoot Neo Trail any

Of course I would prefer to buy one of the more minimalist inov 8 trail shoes but inov 8 haven't quite worked out the need for more space in the toe box yet. Okay, make your fell racers like rock climbing slippers but minimal trail shoes need to allow for toe splay and expanding feet!
    This has put me off jumping on the barefoot bandwagon, as the only minimalist shoes I can find anywhere near me are Inov-8's and I have pretty wide (or fat, if you'd prefer) feet. I'm generally loathe to order shoes off the internet but for £55 quid I might give these a go. If it doesn't work out at least then I haven't wasted 90 odd quid like I might have done on VFF's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hardy View Post
    This has put me off jumping on the barefoot bandwagon, as the only minimalist shoes I can find anywhere near me are Inov-8's and I have pretty wide (or fat, if you'd prefer) feet. I'm generally loathe to order shoes off the internet but for £55 quid I might give these a go. If it doesn't work out at least then I haven't wasted 90 odd quid like I might have done on VFF's.
    New Balance Minimus are wider, better and half the price of inov8's minimalist offerings.

The trouble with minimalist shoes seems to be finding a shop that sells them to try them on! I have never yet seen the merrell trail gloves which I fancied for a while, never found a minimus in my size, and only came across the vivo's by accident. I can get to Bradford easy enough so I'll go and try a pair on. How hard wearing is the sole? I'm assuming it has better grip than the others, but I fancied the vibram sole as I reckon it will last for ages.

They are a bit big for their size. I'm 9.5 in Walshes, 10 in X-talons (to get the extra width) and 9 in the Neos. Soles on mine after 250 miles show a little bit of wear but not much and the uppers are like new despite the abuse they have taken.

Sounds good to me - be a while before I've clocked up 250 miles at my present rate!

Order a couple of pairs in different sizes on-line and send back the ones that don't fit. I've done that a few times now, costs a bit extra for the return but I reckon I've saved on not driving anywhere to go shopping

Nah, support your local shops! (besides, I can't afford the initial price of two pairs...)

Quote Originally Posted by overthecrowroad View Post
    I think I'm going to get another pair since sportshoes are doing them cheap.
    http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/V...running-shoes/
    Do you know what the difference is between the 55 and 80 quid trail versions?

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/VIV8/vivobarefoot-neo-trail-hydro-phobic-mesh-running-shoes/

I presume there must be something but can't see it for the life of me.

I would guess that the cheaper version is last year's model, probably a different colour or summat!

The £55 ones are cheaper
    VB have only just starting making these shoes so there is no last years model. Other than the colour there is no difference between them.