Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Night's Telly

Last Night's Telly

Wasn't on last night, but still... Life's Too Short.

Just another David Brent, this time in dwarf form? Seems so to me.

And Ricky Gervais's episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm (on about a week ago) was also far from the best. Disappointing.

Well that was a positive post...

Re: Last Night's Telly

Not sure when it was on as I tend to Sky+ things, but the latest Attenborough series, Frozen Planet, has just been amazing.

Last one I watched was the one about people who survive in those climates. Eye-opening stories and the scenery has been stunning.

I don't have a tv but there are two things that I watch on Iplayer and this is one of them. I think its one of the best David Attenborough series ever (and makes me regret not stowing aboard a Russian research vessel to Antarctica when I was in Ushuaia). It is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster though...I never know who to root for, the starving wolves and their cubs or the stoical musk oxen and their babies or the polar bears versus the seals...then they gave us that sweet little vole and the beautiful white weasel.

The other thing I watch is Masterchef: The Professionals. Don't know why I get so hooked, I ought to despise the amount of fuss that is made over such things as too much tonka bean in the chantilly but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    Not sure when it was on as I tend to Sky+ things, but the latest Attenborough series, Frozen Planet, has just been amazing.

Last one I watched was the one about people who survive in those climates. Eye-opening stories and the scenery has been stunning.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    I don't have a tv but there are two things that I watch on Iplayer and this is one of them. I think its one of the best David Attenborough series ever (and makes me regret not stowing aboard a Russian research vessel to Antarctica when I was in Ushuaia). It is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster though...I never know who to root for, the starving wolves and their cubs or the stoical musk oxen and their babies or the polar bears versus the seals...then they gave us that sweet little vole and the beautiful white weasel.

The other thing I watch is Masterchef: The Professionals. Don't know why I get so hooked, I ought to despise the amount of fuss that is made over such things as too much tonka bean in the chantilly but I love it.
    I agree about it being his best series. Can't get over how amazing some of the scenery is. And the quality of the footage. Every other shot I'm thinking, wish I was there.

Agree as well about Masterchef. I always enjoy the professionals series the most. I'd prefer pie, chips and beans to almost anything they make, but it's a great watch. I think Michel Roux makes it.

Am in total agreement there and also about Michel Roux Jr...I used to have a bit of a 'thing' about him, and his amazing array of facial expressions, but I am over it now

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    I agree about it being his best series. Can't get over how amazing some of the scenery is. And the quality of the footage. Every other shot I'm thinking, wish I was there.

Agree as well about Masterchef. I always enjoy the professionals series the most. I'd prefer pie, chips and beans to almost anything they make, but it's a great watch. I think Michel Roux makes it.

Joss Naylor was on Countryfile last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Joss Naylor was on Countryfile last night.
    Indeed he was.... http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...w-country-file

I'm a day behind I know but Masterchef: the Professionals was brilliant. Ash and Perry head to head and some amazing cooking. I think Ash should win the title overall. He's such a sweetie as well. He got all emotional and started talking about his girlfriend texting him about her dream. The man is a softie, he's a generous competitor, he can cook sublime meals and he makes his food look like works of art...what's not to like?!

Right, must catch up on the whale eat seal eat penguin world that is Frozen Planet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    I'm a day behind I know but Masterchef: the Professionals was brilliant. Ash and Perry head to head and some amazing cooking. I think Ash should win the title overall. He's such a sweetie as well. He got all emotional and started talking about his girlfriend texting him about her dream. The man is a softie, he's a generous competitor, he can cook sublime meals and he makes his food look like works of art...what's not to like?!

Right, must catch up on the whale eat seal eat penguin world that is Frozen Planet now.
    Bit fed up with all the penguin action, in fact ashamed (?) to say switched it over as got incredibly bored, it's got far too samey every week but then I guess there's only so much ice, whale eat seal eat penguin you can tolerate.

***Spoiler Alerts Please!

Haven't finished that episode of Masterchef yet. Doesn't it ruin it a bit that the amazing food these people are making is served almost exclusively to complete c#cks? Every time you see these restaurants you realise what it's really all about. If I was one of the chefs, I'd probably look around the restaurant and think, 'God, what's the point.'

Watched Countryfile on iplayer last night with Harry H Howgill and Joss Naylor. Excellent to see.