Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Championship Races

Master

2013 Championship Races

Does anyone know what races are in the champs next year. I hear Hawkswick is a possibility and notice its in the FRA calander listings for next year rather than just a BOFRA race,so does this indicate its inclusion? be graet to know the whole calander so can start palanning trips up North for next year. Also what is the Shining Tor Intercounties?

Re: 2012 Championship Races

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Does anyone know what races are in the champs next year. I hear Hawkswick is a possibility and notice its in the FRA calander listings for next year rather than just a BOFRA race,so does this indicate its inclusion? be graet to know the whole calander so can start palanning trips up North for next year. Also what is the Shining Tor Intercounties?
    Heard that Sedbergh uphill is in, Clouga Pike, Whittle Pike and Pendle i think ? not totally sure though
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Does anyone know what races are in the champs next year. I hear Hawkswick is a possibility and notice its in the FRA calander listings for next year rather than just a BOFRA race,so does this indicate its inclusion?
    The following have been included in the 2012 FRA Calendar as the Junior Championship races:

Pendle, Lancashire (Sat. 7th April) Anniversary Wa!, Cumbria (Sat. 21st April)
    Cowpe, Lancashire (Sat. 26th May) Clougha Pike, Lancashire (Sat. 23rd June)
    Hawkswick, Yorkshire (Sun. 1st July) Sedbergh (uphill only), Cumbria (Sat. 14th July)

Details for all these races can be found on the FRA website eg for Hawkswick http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=2047

Master

Quote Originally Posted by FRAFixtures View Post
    The following have been included in the 2012 FRA Calendar as the Junior Championship races:

Pendle, Lancashire (Sat. 7th April) Anniversary Wa!, Cumbria (Sat. 21st April)
    Cowpe, Lancashire (Sat. 26th May) Clougha Pike, Lancashire (Sat. 23rd June)
    Hawkswick, Yorkshire (Sun. 1st July) Sedbergh (uphill only), Cumbria (Sat. 14th July)

Details for all these races can be found on the FRA website eg for Hawkswick http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=2047
    Thanks alot for the info. can start planning weekends away and holidays now for next year.

Master

Is there any info as yet about next years (2013) series? I think there is a round being held in Church Stretton next April?

I have received the following information for 2013 Junior Championship races:

Rivington - March 30
    Church Stretton - April 27
    Cowpe - May 25
    Langdale - July 7
    Hawkswick - date tbc
    Sedbergh - date tbc

As yet I haven't received details for any of the races. I expect to receive the details within the next week and then put the information on the FRA website http://fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?y=2013

Master

Quote Originally Posted by FRAFixtures View Post
    I have received the following information for 2013 Junior Championship races:

Rivington - March 30
    Church Stretton - April 27
    Cowpe - May 25
    Langdale - July 7
    Hawkswick - date tbc
    Sedbergh - date tbc

As yet I haven't received details for any of the races. I expect to receive the details within the next week and then put the information on the FRA website http://fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?y=2013
    I think there has been some date changes from the list above. Is Rivington now a week later on 7th April? Are there confirmed dates as yet for Hawkswick?

Simon

Rivington was on 7th April 2012, it will be on 30th March 2013.
    The six 2013 English Junior Championship races and dates are listed at http://www.felljunior.org.uk/FRAJunior
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Master

Thanks FJ, I have checked out your site and put dates into calander.

We now have details of the venue for the Church Stretton round which will be held at Gaerstone Farm, Hope Bowdler, Church Stretton, Shropshire SY6 7ES starting at midday and running through to about 4pm on Saturday 27th April.

We are developing a set of really good routes with lots of varied running including some stiff climbs and screaming descents. Watch this space!
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

http://midlands-fell.blogspot.com/