Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Championship Races

Master

Re: 2012 Championship Races

Quote Originally Posted by jtinnion View Post
    We now have details of the venue for the Church Stretton round which will be held at Gaerstone Farm, Hope Bowdler, Church Stretton, Shropshire SY6 7ES starting at midday and running through to about 4pm on Saturday 27th April.

We are developing a set of really good routes with lots of varied running including some stiff climbs and screaming descents. Watch this space!
    I have plugged the event on the Notts AC website but most people here are not that adventurous. But one parent has contacted me and asked if there are races fior her daughter. She was born on 28.1.2003, so my guess is she is U10? can you confirm age grouping for her and also are you doing an U10 race as I know that is too young for a championship race?

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    She was born on 28.1.2003, so my guess is she is U10?
    Simon
    There is an age group calculator for junior races based on 1st January at start of year (e.g. championship races) here.
    (Yes, she is U10 this year)
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    I have plugged the event on the Notts AC website but most people here are not that adventurous. But one parent has contacted me and asked if there are races fior her daughter. She was born on 28.1.2003, so my guess is she is U10? can you confirm age grouping for her and also are you doing an U10 race as I know that is too young for a championship race?

Simon
    Hi Simon

There will be races for the full range of ages from age 6 (on the day) up to U18s. We have great little courses for the U8s and U10s, with a steady climb on a nice grassy trod, a short traverse under a crag, then a grassy ridge leading to fast descents straight back into the main event field. The juniors (and their parents) won't need to be that adventurous - it'll all be very carefully marked out and marshalled. There will be a marshall sweeping each race to make sure no-one goes off course.

Each age group will have its own course so in the worst case junior athletes will be racing against boys/girls just under two years older.

Pre-entries (£2 per runner payable to Mercia Fell Runners) to Pauline Richards, 23 St Annes Road, Collegefields, Shrewsbury, SY3 6AU please. There will be entry on the day but it's much easier for us if you pre-enter your juniors please.

We should have paper and pdf flyers out for this and all our junior events in the next week or so...

Cheers
    Jim
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

http://midlands-fell.blogspot.com/