Thread: John Hazell

John Hazell

Hope you find this John. It's Jon from Belmont, Bolton here. I would message you but don't know any contact details. I just wanted to let you know why I failed to turn up for the Shepherd's Skyline race last week. A few weeks ago I got struck down with Labyrinthitis, which is an acute form of vertigo. It came completely out of the blue, sat in a chair watching tv one minute then flat on the floor puking up the next.
    Ended up spending 2 days in hospital and I'm still walking as though I'm drunk. My balance systems in my inner ears are damaged so my walnut sized brain has to relearn how to interpret the misleading signals that my ears are sending it. I can't even walk straight let alone run.
    I went over winter hill a few days ago as I was getting stir crazy at home. I was running like the contestants in the Monty Python 'upper class twit of the year' contest.
    If you want to message me then I'm on here as Comfortably_Numb.
    Hope to be back soon.

Re: John Hazell

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably_Numb View Post
    Hope you find this John. It's Jon from Belmont, Bolton here. I would message you but don't know any contact details. I just wanted to let you know why I failed to turn up for the Shepherd's Skyline race last week. A few weeks ago I got struck down with Labyrinthitis, which is an acute form of vertigo. It came completely out of the blue, sat in a chair watching tv one minute then flat on the floor puking up the next.
    Ended up spending 2 days in hospital and I'm still walking as though I'm drunk. My balance systems in my inner ears are damaged so my walnut sized brain has to relearn how to interpret the misleading signals that my ears are sending it. I can't even walk straight let alone run.
    I went over winter hill a few days ago as I was getting stir crazy at home. I was running like the contestants in the Monty Python 'upper class twit of the year' contest.
    If you want to message me then I'm on here as Comfortably_Numb.
    Hope to be back soon.
    I had this a few years ago. After a short stay in hospital on a drip to rehydrate me, I then spent another month in bed unable to move without feeling/being sick. NOT a nice thing to suffer from - you have my sympathy.

Pilgrim, you must've had an extreme case and I can't imagine how having the nausea feeling for a month must've felt. At least I only had the nausea for 24hrs. How long did it take you to recover? Out of the 8 of us at work with it now, only 2 of us are suffering for the first time. The other 6 have all had it before.

I can't really remember how long it took to get back to normal once I was out of bed. I think it was only a few weeks though I've never been able to face going on fairground rides since.