Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A man can't have too many....

Wink A man can't have too many....

I overheard two women talking at work about Xmas presents for their husbands ( I know , organised or what already)...One suggested a headtorch..as "He likes them?" The other said but He already has two to which the immortal reply was " A man can never have too many torches",

This got me thinking and adding up..two alkit gammas, two old style silvas, two 4cell maglites, two medium magiltes a petzl duo, one mila night orienteering light, one mini maglite, one new fenix hp 11, one odd led light in car and one tesco led headlight for general routing in the garage. Thats all, I think. That's not counting odd broken. useless bits , these all work.

So that adds up to..14 Anyone beat that ( IanDP the balls in your court)

Re: A man can't have too many.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky View Post
    I overheard two women talking at work about Xmas presents for their husbands ( I know , organised or what already)...One suggested a headtorch..as "He likes them?" The other said but He already has two to which the immortal reply was " A man can never have too many torches",

This got me thinking and adding up..two alkit gammas, two old style silvas, two 4cell maglites, two medium magiltes a petzl duo, one mila night orienteering light, one mini maglite, one new fenix hp 11, one odd led light in car and one tesco led headlight for general routing in the garage. Thats all, I think. That's not counting odd broken. useless bits , these all work.

So that adds up to..14 Anyone beat that ( IanDP the balls in your court)
    LOL

6 various lensors, No petzls any more! 6 various Maglites (2xSolitaires, 2 AAA, 3 AA and a DD) One cheapo throw away head torch. I huge hand held serch torch (now not used due to Lensors)

Total 13

erm there may be others but I can't think of one so I reckon you have me beat!

Just thought Do bike mounted flashing LED's count, if so add 2 to the score.

Wink Re: A man can't have too many.

To be fair , honest and above board...( why?) the Mila and one of the silvas are out on loan to one of the offspring ( takes me down to 12) BUT I am expecting delivery of a magicshine today ...(takes me back to 13)..A tie methinks..

A good wheeze eh , lend them out then you have an excuse to get more:sneaky:

I hadn't counted bike leds..mainly because I only have one on't current bike...I do have more but they are on various bikes currently out on loan again to various offspring (but they're still MINE)..How many..thats another story but I don't claim compulsiveness in that area as I know folks with literally garages filled with bikes. Mine would only occupy half a garage if all collected together.

Screwdrivers, spanners, hacksaw blades, reels of tri-rated cable, multimeters and the big one for me...

Taps and dienuts: M, Whitworth, BSF, UNF, UNC, MF, AF, BSP, NPT...box them up and send them my way!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Are we just counting headtoches or torches in general?

Me, 4 headtorches, torches 5, maybe 6? Bike lights - lots and lots, one pair of lights for each bike = 10 bikes. I used to have lots more bikes but this is pared down......

Oh see i was trying to justify to myself the other night that i don't need the hope r4 as i have the hoper1 but now you have got me re-thinking!

The correct number of [insert name of tool/instrument desired]s to own, is n+1.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Jazz mags.......:w00t:
    "That was the night everything changed"

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    Jazz mags.......:w00t:
    Not strictly true. If said reading material was stacked under his bed and he had too many then he might not be able to get into the bed :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Not strictly true. If said reading material was stacked under his bed and he had too many then he might not be able to get into the bed :closed:
    Speaking from experience DT?
    "That was the night everything changed"