Thread: camelback repairs

camelback repairs

evening all, anybody got any ideas for patching a camelbak bladder, i sort of stabbed it with a pair of scissors ,long story, but its fairly new and wondered if they can be salvaged ?? anyone any ideas ???

Re: camelback repairs

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    evening all, anybody got any ideas for patching a camelbak bladder, i sort of stabbed it with a pair of scissors ,long story, but its fairly new and wondered if they can be salvaged ?? anyone any ideas ???
    small hole you might be able to use a rubber sultion glue, if it's bigger, bike puncture kit?

send them an email, there must be a way, they might even do a kit.

I tried to fix an inflatable canoe bladder with bike puncture kit but it didn't work - it's a different type of rubber, pvc sort of thing, but they do sell solution and patches for the canoe bladders so I reckon if you do a bit of delving on tinternet or just ask them you will be able to get hold of some.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Thanks for that ill send them an email and see what they say. Bike patches was first thought but as grouse says its more pvc than rubber type material. Will post outcome incase anyone else has this prob in future

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    Thanks for that ill send them an email and see what they say. Bike patches was first thought but as grouse says its more pvc than rubber type material. Will post outcome incase anyone else has this prob in future
    you should be able to get PVC patches from a camping shop,

Try one of the sealants you can get from chandlers/kayak shops for repairing wetsuits and footwear etc. I've used these in the past with a lot of success on inflatable kayak bladders (very similar to camelbak bladder material) and on fell shoes, works really well, about a fiver for a reasonable size tube. Word of warning - takes up to 24 hours to dry and although it may look set after a few hours it will run slowly if not flat and the glue then spreads out and glues the object you are fixing to whatever it happens to touch, so prop your repair flat and leave it for a good 24 hours.