Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diet Coke...

Re: Diet Coke...

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    UK women are the fattest in Europe.
    And the men the 2nd fattest behind Malta, it'll be down to all those burger vans outside the schools

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    For breakfast??
    Yeah why notIts a western concept that we have to eat breakfasty things at breakfast, lunchy things at lunch, and dinnery things at dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Yeah why notIts a western concept that we have to eat breakfasty things at breakfast, lunchy things at lunch, and dinnery things at dinner.
    When I was in Borneo we had curry, pancakes with syrup, noodles, and coffee sweetened with condensed milk for breakfast.

When I was in Japan we had salad. And often a fish. Again, for breakfast.

Although if you slapped a mackerel down in front of one of the average British kid I think there would be many more going to school having not eaten their breakfast...
    Last edited by simgreen78; 26-11-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Well yes I take the points, it's the red bull that really wound me up and big doses of sugar definitely do have an effect on behaviour, not just the rush but the come down after. Sometimes trying to teach kids in the afternoons is like trying to wade throughtreacle, and that's just primary. I know that behaviour in my kids' school affects their education. And how come Davis Cameron's kids school can afford to have its own kitchens and why doesn't every school in the country have its own kitchen? In my school the dinner are driven in from being cooked elsewhere and while they are not actually that bad, they are not brilliant and most kids bring their own packed meals which are often crap.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Well yes I take the points, it's the red bull that really wound me up and big doses of sugar definitely do have an effect on behaviour, not just the rush but the come down after. Sometimes trying to teach kids in the afternoons is like trying to wade throughtreacle, and that's just primary. I know that behaviour in my kids' school affects their education. And how come Davis Cameron's kids school can afford to have its own kitchens and why doesn't every school in the country have its own kitchen? In my school the dinner are driven in from being cooked elsewhere and while they are not actually that bad, they are not brilliant and most kids bring their own packed meals which are often crap.
    My kids' school recently had a new kitchen put in with a grant, so they (cook) could cook their own meals, resulting in more children having school meals.

Think it was granted before the new government arrived. Don't suppose there is much scope for applying for such things now.

You'll just have to do some bun sales instead.