Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke...

Re: Diet Coke...

And yes, I checked that last sentence very very carefully.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    And yes, I checked that last sentence very very carefully.
    Grouse, surely it's far cheaper to produce to carbonated water with heaps of sugar in it than provide the 'healthy alternative' of imported fruit and a vast expense?? just a thought.
    My daughters school went all 'breakfast conscious' and provided a toast system (only years 4 and above could have it though!) it was 20p for what was essentially 2 slices cut into 4 of cheap white bread with a shed load of cheap (sorry) Marg (!) on it. Got a letter last week and now EACH HALF is now 20p :-O what's worse is they don't provide the Nutella.

Exactly. What did you say to the school?

UK women are the fattest in Europe.

I contacted David Cameron, who said: "when people see the connection between diet and behaviour and obesity and all the rest of it, they see why this is not an add-on but a must-have. But in the end you've got to encourage schools to take this seriously themselves. My own children's school has just put in proper kitchens and food on-site, and my children have given up the packed lunch and gone to the school dinner, and we want to see that happen elsewhere."

Master and MR

What food are there doing in these kitchens then grouse ?Incidentally i have drank two cans of diet coke every day for at least twenty years. Its the full sugar thats no good.Nah i will never drink that diet stuff they cry.Ive turned more than one forumite over to it.

I contacted David Cameron, who said: "when people see the connection between diet and behaviour and obesity and all the rest of it, they see why this is not an add-on but a must-have. But in the end you've got to encourage schools to take this seriously themselves. My own children's school has just put in proper kitchens and food on-site, and my children have given up the packed lunch and gone to the school dinner, and we want to see that happen elsewhere."
    It must be a great to have the ear of such an influential man.... David C must feel very honoured

Master and MR

Surely its got to be easier just to get each school to hire a burger van each morning. Bacon sandwiches, sausage , egg the lot.It never did previous generations any harmYou could even get the kids to try and make a profit from it.White bread emma, god forbid. That needs a letter sending in. Cant believe there not offering prawns on granary

Master and MR

And another thing... it can cause a bit of a vicious circle because I know that a lot of kids spend theier dinner money in the morning and then go without dinner, my kids' school does not allow them off the premises at dinnertime, and this is in part, to stop them going out and buyin crap, but there is no check (as far as I know after speaking to my kids and other parents) on whether they have any dinner or not.Oooo ...I'm coming over all Jamie Oliver!!!
    Thats it fence the kids in

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    it.White bread emma, god forbid. That needs a letter sending in. Cant believe there not offering prawns on granary
    For breakfast??