Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anger management

Re: Anger management

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    My life fuels it. The way it turned out, who i am, things that happen to me...i'd love to be somebody else.
    Sounds like there is no quick answer to this then if that is how you think. Short term you could look at primary care mental health which is accessed by seeing your GP who can make the referral. They will be able to offer you a short course of CBT which will help you change the way you think about things and how those thoughts influence your actions. this will be a start. Form that it could be determined whether or not you would benefit from further input. Most places also have anger management projects that you may also find helpful.

Where are you based? I can try to look into whats available in your area.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Brightside there is a quick fix answer, music !!!! or is this you in the youtube vid ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DbUPjEbIvA

Mr B

I am sorry to hear about your sadness and frustration. I cannot recommend highly enough STOP http://www.stoponline.org/aboutgroups.php

You feel that it is things, not people, which cause you to be angry, but unless you are quite isolated, people around you will be affected by your feelings.

I hope that you do ring STOP to discuss and/or call in. I know of the pivotal and groundbreaking work they do through my work.

Best wishes

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by nippersmith View Post
    Mr B

I am sorry to hear about your sadness and frustration. I cannot recommend highly enough STOP http://www.stoponline.org/aboutgroups.php

You feel that it is things, not people, which cause you to be angry, but unless you are quite isolated, people around you will be affected by your feelings.

I hope that you do ring STOP to discuss and/or call in. I know of the pivotal and groundbreaking work they do through my work.

Best wishes

Sarah
    Excellent suggestion. This is the project i was referring to in my post. I think you should definitely have a look at this Mr B.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Master

Most of the time it's overpowered by the urge to smash something up, the regret takes about 20mins to kick in.
    You clearly do not lash out at other people - try to include objects/yourself in that group of things upon which you do not inflict violence. Control is partly about understanding - what makes you mad and why, and then why do you react as you do. Try to think through and understand more about both aspects of your behaviour. Think about potential situations where you know you would misbehave, and then see yourself responding in a calmer and more appropriate manner - in other words rehearse non violent responses.

Master

I've got an anger problem; not with people but with things and jobs. Because of what happened on friday, one of the car windows is put through, there's a row of knuckles down the door and my right hand is purple. A couple of months ago i landed a hammer fist on the outside of the house wall and it really buggered my wrist. I'm a great believer in A Vogel tinctures, does anyone use any of these such as Biloba for mental wellbeing?

There's a large portion of wanker in me which needs suppressing somehow. I used to have violence problems towards other children when i was young but now i just smash things up all the time like a dick.
    What happened on Friday Mr B?

You are lashing out and hurting someone Mr B, that someone is you. Have you forgotten that fact?

You are the most important person in this scenario, you must start to treat yourself with love and care. Everything begins with loving and caring for yourself. Treating yourself with kindness. Please treat yourself to some help. You have made the biggest breakthrough by posting on here and telling complete strangers something really personal...that's so brave. You can do anything! You're amazing! Now tell me that doesn't sound better than all the negativity you brainwash yourself with?

Leah. (I am signing with my real name as I believe your candidness deserves are non-anonymous reply!)

Fairyfeet is right, you must treat yourself with kindness.

I fully agree with her points and want you to know that, Mr B.

Sarah

Definitely go and talk to someone... most GP's will be able to sort it out and, from personal experience, just going and talking to someone makes a massive difference. Rage with inanimate objects, increased levels of frustration and lashing out at things are all classic "symptoms" when I'm going into one of my downs/depressive periods. Going to see a counsellor/CBT therapist via my GP really helped get to the bottom of things, let me learn what all the warning signals are and, most importantly, taught me practical steps and measures to take to head off the Black Dog.

Life's too short to be angry... if you were injured you'd go and see a physio, it's no different.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    Definitely go and talk to someone... most GP's will be able to sort it out and, from personal experience, just going and talking to someone makes a massive difference. Rage with inanimate objects, increased levels of frustration and lashing out at things are all classic "symptoms" when I'm going into one of my downs/depressive periods. Going to see a counsellor/CBT therapist via my GP really helped get to the bottom of things, let me learn what all the warning signals are and, most importantly, taught me practical steps and measures to take to head off the Black Dog.

Life's too short to be angry... if you were injured you'd go and see a physio, it's no different.
    No I disagree. If I was injured I'd rest until better. The emotion of anger is very justifiable in some situations and suppressing it does more harm than good. That doesn't mean I approve of smashing things up when I'm angry, just that I think it is okay to express it in an appropriate way.

People who suppress their emotions and express a breezy, wheezy "isn't everthing gay" indifference to everything are the worst people to be around. They have no spirit. In fact I could say they annoy me!