Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chilblains

Re: Chilblains

To prevent chilblains dont just keep your feet warm, your whole body has to be kept warm.

If you do get a chilblain its important to minimise mechaincal stress. Podiatrists are very good at making pads etc to help achieve this. They are also very good at dressing wounds which is vital if the chilblain breaks and becomes a potential site for infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy A View Post
    To prevent chilblains dont just keep your feet warm, your whole body has to be kept warm.

If you do get a chilblain its important to minimise mechaincal stress. Podiatrists are very good at making pads etc to help achieve this. They are also very good at dressing wounds which is vital if the chilblain breaks and becomes a potential site for infection.
    Chilblain has gone now Andy. I am back running :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Chilblain has gone now Andy. I am back running :thumbup:
    You've passed it on to me!:thunbdown: Ok, not actually possible I know. Not severe yet, mainly a considerable irritation when my foot gets too warm but that ancient tube of ointment may come out yet. Not looking forward to the cold weather forecast for the end of the week though.

Only just seen this thread, I suffer every winter with chilblains hence working outside and the cold-hot thing that brings them on.Also suffer with them on the backs of my ears and yes i do wear a hat. I use ointment but I did read that urine can clear them up, so tried this once and it did work. So got the kids potty filled with wee and did this over a few nights and yes they cleared up but did refuse to dip my ears!

Your taking the p**s aren't you:wink:

I've got them again and it's not even properly cold yet! Arrgh :thunbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    I've got them again and it's not even properly cold yet! Arrgh :thunbdown:
    I think it's not so much the degree of frost as the changeover. Also, when it's not so cold at the start of Winter I tend to be careless and maybe reluctant to admit that I'm now into thick gloves and boots for the duration.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Its back! I thought I had got away with a clean bill of health after The Trigger, no further injuries and no aggravation of my old injury, a little healthy muscle tiredness but now a chillblain. It seems to have suddenly appeared after a hot bath or has that just caused it to start itching so I have begun to notice it
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Its back! I thought I had got away with a clean bill of health after The Trigger, no further injuries and no aggravation of my old injury, a little healthy muscle tiredness but now a chillblain. It seems to have suddenly appeared after a hot bath or has that just caused it to start itching so I have begun to notice it
    Sympathies, Alf. I seem to have a constant stream of them this winter, not sure why. One goes and within a few days one or more replaces it. None have been desperately bad not they aren't half annoying. Hope yours soon goes away.

My chilblains are very itchy.

They are worse than ever this winter.

Too much running in the snow. ❄️ ❄️