Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
Why? Shoes will still get wet inside. I've always run and had warm feet with my Sealskins, and these being tighter to the foot will hold less water. I used to sell the KSB, Merrell, Berghaus goretex boots which were better but If taken over really rough ground your feet would still get wet.

I've used gortex boots at 19,000ft but there was very little moisture due to it being so cold/dry.

Just wondered??
I've used Salomon trail shoes in the past for walking (never use boots) and they've worked really well in the snow. I agree that feet will easily over-heat in Goretex, but I think in cold, snowy conditions they would be ideal. I was out for two hours yesterday in Hilly socks and Mudclaws... my feet were really, really cold when I got back to the car because they'd spent the last two hours submerged in snow. I believe if I'd had Goretex footwear (with a some sort cuff to stop the snow getting in) it would've prevented my feet from becomg wet and cold. It wasn't warm enough nor was I moving fast enough for my feet to have over-heated.