Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightwt. 4 season sleeping bag

Re: Lightwt. 4 season sleeping

totally agree re Alpkit - they've lost my custom for sure and I probably would have got one of their bags.Thanks for the advice everyone

I have an Alpkit down bag, got it for Everest marathon... They didn't have any in stock when I odered mine, but ended up sending me a higher quality higer priced one for the same money as the one I ordered, to help me out for Everest. I find them to be incredibly helpful and their customer service is extremely good. They are very open about how they work and how they keep the prices down. The drawback being stock control isn't brilliant. I had to wait ages for my Ti mug, but wasn't in a hurry with it and well worth the wait. Same with the headtorch and as I said, they did solve my sleeping bag problem!

The way to keep your downbag dry is get a lightweight drybag, from Alpit, works for me...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

P.S. I also have a synthetic 4 seasons bag supposed to keep me warm down to -15 but I am cold in it when temperatures drop below zero. Trying to remember what it was again, as not used it in ages. Supposed to be a good one... While the Alpkit down bag was advertised as good till -17 but when we hit tempreatures as low as -25 up in the Himalayas, I was still snug and warm and I do feel the cold. My tent mate had a much more expensive custom made expedition bag, supposedly good till -25, and she was freezing at night, every night...

I refrained from down for years, because of the trouble it gives you when wet, but am now a convert! I just drybag it up carefully
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi