Thread: road running in fell shoes

road running in fell shoes

Hello
    Am I going to do some damage to my self by running on the road in my fell shoe?I know there is a fashion for minimalist/barefoot running dont fell shoes do this?
    Thanks Shaun

Re: road running in fell shoes

Biggest problems are that you will wear out te studs quickly and you can feel the studs through the sole with some fell shoes on tarmac.

Once went out on a club "fell" run & ended up doing about 8 hard road miles in my Roclite 312's. Had very sore joints the next day ! Wouldn't recommend it personally.

You'll certainly damage your wallet. Just get yourself a pair of road shoes. Be cheaper than constantly destroying your fell shoes.
    As for the trend, you have to have good form for the minimalist shoes. If you don't and want to run this way. Transition your shoes slowly and work on your technique.
    A good transition for example would be MT101, MT10, MT00. Most companies now offer a range to transition through so look around and see what you like, and what fits. Enjoy
    Last edited by The devil's own; 20-12-2011 at 01:04 AM.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    You'll certainly damage your wallet. Just get yourself a pair of road shoes. Be cheaper than constantly destroying your fell shoes.
    As for the trend, you have to have good form for the minimalist shoes. If you don't and want to run this way. Transition your shoes slowly and work on your technique.
    A good transition for example would be MT101, MT10, MT00. Most companies now offer a range to transition through so look around and see what you like, and what fits. Enjoy
    +1

I've started road running in a pair of Mizuno Wave Ascends which are a traily shoe, though not as traily as Wave Harriers. Works well for me.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire

I've recently done a 10k xc in my x-talons only to find when I got there it was practically all tarmac or hard packed trail. My knees were in a right state afterwards so would definitely recommend road shoes for the hard black stuff.
    I second the Wave Ascends - I use these where there is a mix of road and trail. Harriers for trail and inov-8s for fell.
    Have some Nike Pegasus for road - not used much though.......!

Thanks for the replies. I will get some road shoes for when I cant get out. Shaun