Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Lambs Longer Leg

Thanks Barny. Good to see you and yours. Well done to 'Mrs Barny'.

Looking at the results and my lowly position in them, this race does seem to attract a quality field.

Just posted my entry form for this Sundays race.

Looking forward to it as I have never done it before.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Well, that was a tough little AS race over 3 miles and 1'001 feet. A small field of 56 took on the uphill start, a rough descent into Dimpus Clough, a steep, tussocky, pathless and seemingly never ending ascent to just below South Head, a short flattish bridleway section, then a fantastic fast descent to the finish behind The Lamb Inn.

After Saturdays XC my legs felt heavy and I was struggling on the first climb but I eventually got going to finish 9th and 1st M60 in 33:46. The race was won by a fit again Joe Oldfield in 26:19 and the first lady was Joanne Mosley, 10th o/a in 33:47.

A tremendous old school fell race with a wonderful name and it was nice to meet the organiser Brian Shelmerdine. Thanks to Brian and his helpers and I'm looking forwards to next year already but I'll have to rethink XC the day before!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Well, that was a tough little AS race over 3 miles and 1'001 feet. A small field of 56 took on the uphill start, a rough descent into Dimpus Clough, a steep, tussocky, pathless and seemingly never ending ascent to just below South Head, a short flattish bridleway section, then a fantastic fast descent to the finish behind The Lamb Inn.

After Saturdays XC my legs felt heavy and I was struggling on the first climb but I eventually got going to finish 9th and 1st M60 in 33:46. The race was won by a fit again Joe Oldfield in 26:19 and the first lady was Joanne Mosley, 10th o/a in 33:47.

A tremendous old school fell race with a wonderful name and it was nice to meet the organiser Brian Shelmerdine. Thanks to Brian and his helpers and I'm looking forwards to next year already but I'll have to rethink XC the day before!
    But no old-school gentlemanly behaviour from you, outsprinting the First Lady by 1 second.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    But no old-school gentlemanly behaviour from you, outsprinting the First Lady by 1 second.
    Racing is racing!

Joanne is a good friend of mine and we often travel to races together Anthony so no way was I going to behave gentlemanly and she wouldn't have wanted me to! I reeled her in on the descent but to be honest I was hoping to catch the bloke just in front of her who I thought was in my age category but it turned out he was a 50 year old youngster!

Joanne is a strong, improving runner and no doubt will put me one place nearer the back very soon!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 08-01-2024 at 04:36 PM.

Did you finish in front of Chris from Glossopdale?

Really tall guy, 6ft4+, slim, mid 30's.....

I usually have some good battles with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Did you finish in front of Chris from Glossopdale?

Really tall guy, 6ft4+, slim, mid 30's.....

I usually have some good battles with him.
    Yes I did Travs but don't fret as I won't be finishing anywhere near you. Chris has not been running too much in the last few months but he's getting back on it which is good to see.