Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd Jan - Heptonstall Recce

Re: 2nd Jan - Heptonstall Recc

Cheers to all who turned out today given the conditions.Top route around unfamiliar territory for me. It's gonna be a tough event for sure.
    Soup was excellent and much needed at the end.
    Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnstein View Post
    I'd be up for another trot round soon (I hope!). Had another attempt at running today - did about 1.5 miles and although still coughing like a demon managed not to throw up. Gutted to miss New Year mass run.
    Possibly the most persistent cold ever! If traditional cures have failed I think we need to get you into see the local Hebden Bridge witch doctors (can you ask em to do something about the weather while you're there?)
    Next Sunday is looking like a possibilty for further recces (not so good for the following 2 weeks).
    What about doing a few light hill reps this week?

More photos to follow....Attachment 5493Attachment 5494

Demons......witch doctors.......mass runs......there's something going on in them there hills of Heptonstall......best contact the Vicar to sort things out!
    Last edited by charlieB; 03-01-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by charlieB View Post
    Demons......witch doctors.......mass runs......there's something going on in them there hills of Heptonstall......best contact the Vicar to sort things out!

Careful what you say...there are strange forces at work....perphaps its MMM.....Mark's Magical Mexican endurance seeds

Hiya Steve,
    Are you planning any more recces other than Sundays at all? Only reason I ask is we're doing PBW recces the next few Sundays so wouldn't be able to make any Heptonstall ones. No probs if not - I'm sure we'll be able to muddle our way round!
    It's looking busy over there with the Hebden LDWA event, the PBW, then the Wadsworth trog - so much running, so little time!!

Well done to Trig for organising such a great recce last Monday for the Heptonstall fell race on the 18th March, an excellent way to spend a manhood shrinkingly cold January morning ; - 0

Suggest everyone gets this in their diary, it's going to be epic!

Great to finish in the white Lion with crackling open fire and hot soup to restore us all – hope that will be the same on race day?

Took some pics on the way round… http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxPC7or
    Last edited by The Jedimaster; 04-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Good set of pics Jedi. Trig-could you clear some space in your private message box and i'll send you my address for the flyers.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa_scud View Post
    Hiya Steve,
    Are you planning any more recces other than Sundays at all? Only reason I ask is we're doing PBW recces the next few Sundays so wouldn't be able to make any Heptonstall ones. No probs if not - I'm sure we'll be able to muddle our way round!
    It's looking busy over there with the Hebden LDWA event, the PBW, then the Wadsworth trog - so much running, so little time!!
    Definitely up for more recces (very useful for our race planning and always an enjoyable 3 hours on the hills)
    I can do this Sunday 8th Jan, then 29th Jan, 4th March. What do you reckon??? Could be a good to make it a social - the pub is always up for providing free soup and somewhere to store gear. Might worth putting it together as club do??
    PS Im dong all those races too so looks like I'll see you at the Hebden...

Quote Originally Posted by The Jedimaster View Post
    Well done to Trig for organising such a great recce last Monday for the Heptonstall fell race on the 18th March, an excellent way to spend a manhood shrinkingly cold January morning ; - 0

Suggest everyone gets this in their diary, it's going to be epic!

Great to finish in the white Lion with crackling open fire and hot soup to restore us all – hope that will be the same on race day?

Took some pics on the way round… http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxPC7or

Great shots Jedimaster - welcome onboard the FRA forum bus - destination unfinished chores and missed deadlines!
    No need to wait for March - more soup and crackling fires this month - see recce strand - see you there??