Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Calder V Round 2012 onwards

I did not know this was a thing! Something to pop in the training list of the Saunders.

Not done this for a few years and never in such warm weather.
    2:55 for the one lap.
    Old Town Mill: 30
    Gibson Mill: 52
    Staups Mill: 1:36
    Stoodley Pike: 2:14
    Park Rd: 2:47

A warm day for a long run, but that meant really dry underfoot. The flip side of that are the nettles, long grass and bracken! At least I can still remember the way. I am sure I will be back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Spookster View Post
    Not done this for a few years and never in such warm weather.
    2:55 for the one lap.
    Old Town Mill: 30
    Gibson Mill: 52
    Staups Mill: 1:36
    Stoodley Pike: 2:14
    Park Rd: 2:47

A warm day for a long run, but that meant really dry underfoot. The flip side of that are the nettles, long grass and bracken! At least I can still remember the way. I am sure I will be back.
    Glad to see you're still at it Spookster. I have had to stop due to left knee wear and tear, but had a great day out with you showing me the route in 2012 (I think it was?)

Been a while but had a trot round on 1 July in an attempt to get back some fitness after about 8 months injury. Pretty warm and lots of nettles / thorns in places but still a great route. Moving time on Strava of 2h40m but had a rest / look at views at Stoodley Pike so more like 2h45m.

Ged Callan, Bingley

It's good to see a few more returning to have a run round this. I hope to have another go before the good weather breaks!

Nice one Ged. your strava feed says Elapsed Time 2:49:25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Been a while but had a trot round on 1 July in an attempt to get back some fitness after about 8 months injury. Pretty warm and lots of nettles / thorns in places but still a great route. Moving time on Strava of 2h40m but had a rest / look at views at Stoodley Pike so more like 2h45m.

Ged Callan, Bingley
    Last edited by benshep; 13-07-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Planning a little run round this tomorrow with a clubmate. He wants to take it steady and i could do with treating is a recce as i think i might have a proper crack at it on my own sometime soon to try and get a decent time.

Out of interest, do you have to follow it step for step? looking at the route and living locally I've spotted a few lines that i would take differently from the route map on the gofar website.

Does anyone know the record for this by the way? i presume it belongs to Karl Gray or someone of that ilk

Had a run round today to check out the route with my friend and clubmate Rob. Not sure of split times but my strava link is below. Did it in 3:02:09 in fairly grim conditions in parts. I'll go and see if i can get anywhere near that coveted 2:45 elite group sometime soon.

https://strava.app.link/jtoVNxBGp2

I must say i enjoyed the route a lot more than i thought i would and its tougher than i gave it credit for, especially going up to stoodley pike from the canal which did then slow us down a little for the remainder of the route, but i'm happy with today's effort

PR

These are some stats from an earlier post I did before interest dropped off - some fast times there!

AND HERE'S A RECORD OF COMPLETIONS OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS.... They are mostly on the fast side but don't let that put you off if you want to trot round in a sensible time

2013 Completions

7 Jan - Oven gloves - 4-00
    8 Feb - Longdogs - 2.52 ****NEW LADIES RECORD****
    5 Mar - Longdogs - 2.33 ****NEW LADIES RECORD****
    21 Mar - Mick Bull - 3.15 v60
    6 Apl - Spookster - 2.51
    20 Ap - Fungus Mungus - ?? (fast!)
    19 May - Ged - 2.47
    2 Jun - Spookster - 2.52+3.26= 6.18 ****NEW DOUBLE RECORD****
    9 Jun - GED - 2.15.36 ****NEW MENS RECORD****
    3 Aug - Crowhill - 2.17

2014 Completions

22 Mar - SarahS - 3.23

PS Yes you should follow the route description/map as there are more direct routes between the controls.

I'm actually thinking of revamping it sometime later in the year with a start from Hardcastle Crags car park now that Mytholmroyd is so congested