Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Calder V Round 2012 onwards

I did not know this was a thing! Something to pop in the training list of the Saunders.

Not done this for a few years and never in such warm weather.
    2:55 for the one lap.
    Old Town Mill: 30
    Gibson Mill: 52
    Staups Mill: 1:36
    Stoodley Pike: 2:14
    Park Rd: 2:47

A warm day for a long run, but that meant really dry underfoot. The flip side of that are the nettles, long grass and bracken! At least I can still remember the way. I am sure I will be back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Spookster View Post
    Not done this for a few years and never in such warm weather.
    2:55 for the one lap.
    Old Town Mill: 30
    Gibson Mill: 52
    Staups Mill: 1:36
    Stoodley Pike: 2:14
    Park Rd: 2:47

A warm day for a long run, but that meant really dry underfoot. The flip side of that are the nettles, long grass and bracken! At least I can still remember the way. I am sure I will be back.
    Glad to see you're still at it Spookster. I have had to stop due to left knee wear and tear, but had a great day out with you showing me the route in 2012 (I think it was?)

Been a while but had a trot round on 1 July in an attempt to get back some fitness after about 8 months injury. Pretty warm and lots of nettles / thorns in places but still a great route. Moving time on Strava of 2h40m but had a rest / look at views at Stoodley Pike so more like 2h45m.

Ged Callan, Bingley

It's good to see a few more returning to have a run round this. I hope to have another go before the good weather breaks!

Nice one Ged. your strava feed says Elapsed Time 2:49:25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Been a while but had a trot round on 1 July in an attempt to get back some fitness after about 8 months injury. Pretty warm and lots of nettles / thorns in places but still a great route. Moving time on Strava of 2h40m but had a rest / look at views at Stoodley Pike so more like 2h45m.

Ged Callan, Bingley
    Last edited by benshep; 13-07-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Planning a little run round this tomorrow with a clubmate. He wants to take it steady and i could do with treating is a recce as i think i might have a proper crack at it on my own sometime soon to try and get a decent time.

Out of interest, do you have to follow it step for step? looking at the route and living locally I've spotted a few lines that i would take differently from the route map on the gofar website.

Does anyone know the record for this by the way? i presume it belongs to Karl Gray or someone of that ilk

Had a run round today to check out the route with my friend and clubmate Rob. Not sure of split times but my strava link is below. Did it in 3:02:09 in fairly grim conditions in parts. I'll go and see if i can get anywhere near that coveted 2:45 elite group sometime soon.

https://strava.app.link/jtoVNxBGp2

I must say i enjoyed the route a lot more than i thought i would and its tougher than i gave it credit for, especially going up to stoodley pike from the canal which did then slow us down a little for the remainder of the route, but i'm happy with today's effort

PR

These are some stats from an earlier post I did before interest dropped off - some fast times there!

AND HERE'S A RECORD OF COMPLETIONS OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS.... They are mostly on the fast side but don't let that put you off if you want to trot round in a sensible time

2013 Completions

7 Jan - Oven gloves - 4-00
    8 Feb - Longdogs - 2.52 ****NEW LADIES RECORD****
    5 Mar - Longdogs - 2.33 ****NEW LADIES RECORD****
    21 Mar - Mick Bull - 3.15 v60
    6 Apl - Spookster - 2.51
    20 Ap - Fungus Mungus - ?? (fast!)
    19 May - Ged - 2.47
    2 Jun - Spookster - 2.52+3.26= 6.18 ****NEW DOUBLE RECORD****
    9 Jun - GED - 2.15.36 ****NEW MENS RECORD****
    3 Aug - Crowhill - 2.17

2014 Completions

22 Mar - SarahS - 3.23

PS Yes you should follow the route description/map as there are more direct routes between the controls.

I'm actually thinking of revamping it sometime later in the year with a start from Hardcastle Crags car park now that Mytholmroyd is so congested

Some pretty speedy times there.

If you put the start and finish at hardcastle crags car park will you be havin runners do and out and back on the canal to the white lion or just skip it out and head straight up toward raw lane?

I'm planning to go for another proper go at this in a few weeks. Let me know if you change the start point and I'll give it a go from there and give my thoughts