Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calder V Round 2012 onwards

Re: Calder V Round 2012 onward

Pdf of map plot (courtesy of Charlie B) now added to web page. :thumbup:

http://www.gofar.org.uk/caldervalley...challenge.html
    Last edited by MOUNTAIN MAN; 02-05-2012 at 11:11 AM.

I had a plod round this today in a slow 3-40. Good day out in the Autumn sunshine and colours. If anyone still wants a shot at this now is probably one of the best times of year. It's still very wet underfoot of course and the rocks are slippery but the way across Erringden moor is really obvious now.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    I had a plod round this today in a slow 3-40. Good day out in the Autumn sunshine and colours. If anyone still wants a shot at this now is probably one of the best times of year. It's still very wet underfoot of course and the rocks are slippery but the way across Erringden moor is really obvious now.
    Been meaning to have a go at this myself for quite a while now, (on the to-do list) I may just have a crack at it on Saturday afternoon or on Sunday morning as the cloaks go back.

Only treating it as a recce if I do as I only know parts of the route if anyone would like to come along.

2012 summary of completions:

16 Feb Mountain Man 6-15
    25 Feb Rodders 2-55
    27 Feb Shiny Beast 2-41
    9 April NeilP 3-10
    27 Apl Spookster 2-59
    27 Apl Corniceman 2-59
    20 Oct Mountain Man 3-40
    18 Nov MartKaye 3-45

A very select crowd this year. Obviously a run out for the more discerning athlete with an eye for a good route. :thumbup:
    Last edited by MOUNTAIN MAN; 01-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.

A very select crowd this year. Obviously a run out for the more discerning athlete with an eye for a good route. :thumbup:
    Yeah must be. Looking forward to the Hebden in January - so will try and squeeze in a recce of that between now and then. Still got my eye on another dash round this - maybe next Spring/Summer in dry conditions.

Smile Re: Calder V Round 2012 onward

My personal feeling is you may not be getting many times posted due to comments like "i had a plod round this in a slow 3-40" making people like myself feel embarassed about posting times slower than 3-40.
    I did the round on 18-11-12 in a time of 3-49 feeling quite happy to have got round in that time. Here are my splits. Try not to due yourself an injury laughing at them!!

White Lion 11.30am
    Old Town Mill 12.06pm
    Gibson Mill 12.35pm
    Staups Mill 13.37pm
    Stoodley Pike 14.22pm
    Track Junc 14.51pm
    Park - Cottage 15.08pm
    White Lion 15.19pm

I had a small nav blip so think i may be able to get under 3-45 if i had another bash.

Quote Originally Posted by martkaye View Post
    My personal feeling is you may not be getting many times posted due to comments like "i had a plod round this in a slow 3-40" making people like myself feel embarassed about posting times slower than 3-40.
    Sorry about that Mart - certainly not my intention. There have been some fast times posted on here by some top runners so nobody should be put off by that. In fact it would be good to have some more sensible times recorded on here for 2013! Conditions are really wet so when or if it dries up I'm sure you will find you knock quite a bit off your time. And that's what it is really about - just trying to beat your own time -fast or slow. Good luck for your next run.
    Last edited by MOUNTAIN MAN; 01-01-2013 at 03:43 PM.

No worries MM. I'm hoping now i've posted a slower than most time other people that may have done it in a slower time will post theirs.
    I like the route and i'm going to try and run it once a month to gauge how my training is going.
    Cheers!:wink:

Quote Originally Posted by martkaye View Post
    I did the round on 18-11-12 in a time of 3-49 feeling quite happy to have got round in that time. Here are my splits. Try not to due yourself an injury laughing at them!!

White Lion 11.30am
    Old Town Mill 12.06pm
    Gibson Mill 12.35pm
    Staups Mill 13.37pm
    Stoodley Pike 14.22pm
    Track Junc 14.51pm
    Park - Cottage 15.08pm
    White Lion 15.19pm

I had a small nav blip so think i may be able to get under 3-45 if i had another bash.
    I did it on Monday and took over 4 hours.

That's a handy start to the year oven gloves! Well done especially as it is not your home ground. Good training for the Wuthering Hike as well !