Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Calder V Round 2012 onwards

Re: Calder V Round 2012 onward

Hmmmphhhh!! Well done Longdogs-the only record I have ever held has been smashed! But given it is by you, of true Goddess status in fell running circles, I absolutely don't mind!!!! It is a great route isn't it and I have Tony (Mountain Man) to blame for getting me into this whole fell running lark a few years ago! I doubt I'll ever match your time so a sincere well done! Rachel x
    Gala pie-its the future

Hardly smashed it was only a couple minutes! We should get more women doing it and push each other on.. gentleman pacers not welcome

Banned

Well done Longdogs and fair play to Rachel on her post. Your both stars.

Ha ha-thanks Stagger! Really kind of you to say that! and Longdogs, yes I agree, more women needed to have a go at this (although i'll never say no to a gentlemen pacer!!!!)
    Massive well done again to you, I imagine with a more informed attempt you could do loads better than your first time? rachel x
    Gala pie-its the future

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Trying to persuade a couple of club-mates (of the very few in the club who fell-race) to have a go at this, when we have the same day available to us all.
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Went for a proper attempt today. Perfect conditions, cool but sunny, no wind, very dry underfoot. I clocked in at 2.33.44

Splits: OT mill 30.19, G.Mill 50.10, Ruin 1.27.47, S.Pike 2.00.32, Track junc 2.16.37, Cottages 2.26.44

I made up alot of time after S Pike this time, i think my wanderings over the Moor last time cost a bit, i only had to refer to instructions for the first half this time. Pretty sure of the route now, i am willing to offer guided tours for a fee of coffee plus a slice of flapjack Highly recommended day out.

Another impressive run - the overall record looks as though it could be within your grasp now! Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    Another impressive run - the overall record looks as though it could be within your grasp now! Great stuff.
    No chance on that.. but it'd be tempting to have a go at sub 2.30 if i pre-placed drinks. This fell running is an obsessive business !

Been round this morning with my friend Mick Bull from Middleton Harriers. He finished in 3.15.00 exactly after a sprint finish! Very tidy time for a 63 year old..! He was fading a bit at end but my nagging got him through, either that or he speeded up to not have to listen to me any longer

Splits Old Town 00:35, G Mill 00:59, Ruin 1:48, SPike 2:30, Junction 2:51, Cottages 3:06

Quote Originally Posted by Longdogs View Post
    Went for a proper attempt today. Perfect conditions, cool but sunny, no wind, very dry underfoot. I clocked in at 2.33.44

Splits: OT mill 30.19, G.Mill 50.10, Ruin 1.27.47, S.Pike 2.00.32, Track junc 2.16.37, Cottages 2.26.44

I made up alot of time after S Pike this time, i think my wanderings over the Moor last time cost a bit, i only had to refer to instructions for the first half this time. Pretty sure of the route now, i am willing to offer guided tours for a fee of coffee plus a slice of flapjack Highly recommended day out.
    Yes please long dogs, I'm local but crap with maps and have been wanting to do it for a while now. Could even throw in some quality street to go with a coffee
    Cheers Mart.