Thread: Hard slog on Wadsworth Trog!

Hard slog on Wadsworth Trog!

Really hard training today, did a recce of the Wadsworth Trog approx 20miles. Bitterly cold and snow on tops in Calderdale, absolute quagmire on moors, sank up to thighs at times:w00t:. Started running in a snowstorm which thankfully cleared. Lost the route a few times due to snow camouflage of trods and so added a mile or 2 to the route and had to cross a mile of snow capped tussocks which resulted in feet that felt like ice. :angry:
    I have to say this race wil be very tough if todays experience is anything to go by - can't wait!:thumbup:

Re: Hard slog on Wadsworth Tro

Quote Originally Posted by protodoc View Post
    Really hard training today, did a recce of the Wadsworth Trog approx 20miles. Bitterly cold and snow on tops in Calderdale, absolute quagmire on moors, sank up to thighs at times:w00t:. Started running in a snowstorm which thankfully cleared. Lost the route a few times due to snow camouflage of trods and so added a mile or 2 to the route and had to cross a mile of snow capped tussocks which resulted in feet that felt like ice. :angry:
    I have to say this race wil be very tough if todays experience is anything to go by - can't wait!:thumbup:
    Cripes mate, that sounds terrible! Hope you thaw out in time for training tomorrow .....
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Cripes mate, that sounds terrible! Hope you thaw out in time for training tomorrow .....
    Should be fine mate, actually survived relatively intact surprisingly and not that sore, the only thing that might scupper Harriers training tomorrow is I'm on call and might get a late visit close to 6PM, if that happens I'll have to miss it.

The toughness of the race makes it so good. The relentless bogs and tussocks along with navigation if the clag is down, get very challenging as the miles are rattled off.

Plus that nice sting in the tail at the end when your dieing, makes you dig that bit deeper to finish. Great race!