Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Sports bra, girls?

Re: Which Sports bra, girls?

I wear Sportjock, they are a crop top and squash a C cup squishingly flat...they come in groovy colours. They are a bugger to get on or off but when they're on then nothing's really going to go anywhere. I found that Shock Absorber rubbed underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'm not known for my techy knowledge of bras but I can tell you there are 2 threads on bras if you do a search thismight help point you in the right direct....:wink:
    Same as IDP - no personal need for any techy knowledge BUT about 6 or 7 years ago, I think it was TGO that did a back to back ( or should that be "front to front" ) test of sports bras. No longer have that issue - passed it on to a fell-running lady friend who was 'in the market'.
    The publication's recommendation / "best buy" was the Lowe Alpine, overall ( including wide shoulder straps that suited rucksack carrying) - should suit your stated requirements Daisy. However for "big bouncy girls" doing high impact activity another brand had the edge.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 07-01-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

One to avoid is Triumph's Tri-action - chafes like crazy. Personally I'm happy with M&S.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfeet View Post
    I wear Sportjock, they are a crop top and squash a C cup squishingly flat...they come in groovy colours. They are a bugger to get on or off but when they're on then nothing's really going to go anywhere. I found that Shock Absorber rubbed underneath.
    I made a mistake - the bra I wear is Sportjock NOT Shock Absorber. The trouble is, the shoulder straps are very lumpy and under a heavy-ish rucsac dig in to my shoulders. Also, like all other bra manufacturers Sportjock cannot imagine a woman like me who is tall but thin and needs a 38AAA! They think one has either a small chest and small breasts or the converse. This means I have to go through an agonising period while my new Sportjock bra's band is too tight round my chest, which probably restricts my breathing and is why I run so slowly (!) Then by the time the band is getting comfortable round the chest the bra is no longer giving me maximum support.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    I found a nice one that's made for dancers. Its a crop top style and it does squash my modest A/B cups flat but its comfy and they certainly don't move about at all. It does feel a bit damp and cold after a long hard run and getting out of it is quite hard work as you have to pull it over your head and its tight, not something that is easily done modestly in a carpark after a fell race!

I don't think I really sold it there did I? I do like it though as there are no plasticy bits to dig in and it doesn't rub when I wear a backpack.
    What's it called?
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

I will say that the Sportjock is tight around the chest wall, especially if it's just come out of the wash but I have a big-ish bust so there's no alternative for me. Also I agree the straps are large. I do like it though....

Yuk...just dug it out of the plastic bag it got thrown in this afternoon after running the three peaks...best put the kit in the wash! having read this thread, I did have a look at what my breasts were doing today when I ran and they certainly weren't doing what that video showed!!! Hardly any movement and I just don't notice I'm wearing it.

Anyway, its made by Dans Ez and is a 'minimal bounce bra' for size S 32 - 34" A or B cup.
    http://www.dans-ez.com/minimal-bounce-bra

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    What's it called?
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

I sympathise with you Fairyfeet but I am a small cup size and Alexandra is too and she was asking me about the bra so I posted the size that I wear and the fact that I really like it. It comes in S, M, L, XL & XXL but I am not sure how good the support is on larger sizes and I know its not about the size its about the cup. One website lists the sizing as this: S - A/B cup, M - B/C cup, L - C/Dcup with a disclaimer saying that it may or may not be as supportive for a D cup upwards. I've read reviews and most agree that its best for smaller breasted women.

On a personal note, I do feel very fortunate not to have to worry about it when running and its small compensation to me for being ridiculed for having 'fried eggs' for many years!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyfeet View Post
    D'you see that? A or B cup. I think that the best bras are for ladies who don't have a C cup, if you do then you jolly well get what you deserve!

Don't know if you've seen this website? You can put in your size and it comes up with the top bras to give you support.
    http://www.lessbounce.com/

Thanks for the site Hes..apologies if I sounded like a whinger! I am removing my whingey post and sticking to facts!