Page 101 of 315 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline 29th March 2

Quote Originally Posted by mudlugger View Post
    well done to Stolly for hobbling round on a dodgy ankle and still making a great time
    Well done too William. Oh and as for my ankle, although I was a complete cripple at the end, it didn't slow me down while I was running... much as I'd love to use it as an excuse. It was just my lead legs that weighed me down!

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Sounds like I missed a cracker. Well done all!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    What else do you want to know? Dark Peak won the men's & women's team prizes.

At least 3 people discovered the truth about the down & up (Lloyd wasn't running due to a snow-boarding accident) - Phil W. went from 3rd to 6th, Rob Murray & Simon Patten both lost about 10 places. I bet they don't go that way next year. And some old cripple was 1st V50 (just).

The cakes were excellent. The weather was just about as perfect as possible.
    WELL DONE GEOFF!!!!!!
    VERY WELL DESERVED!!!!
    YOU WERE GOING LIKE A TRAIN...
    WHEN YOU PASSED US RACE-WATCHERS..
    IN HENRY MOOR'S GARDEN...
    (What next ehhhhh?)
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Well done everybody - was a glorious day for it. Sorry I had to shoot of before the finish. When we saw the 1st 2 runners coming past my fellow marshalls & I felt that they didn't seem to be exactly going at it in full throttle

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Stef, you will easily make the cut off, don't worry. Last year I had to pull up injured at mam nick and actually watched runners coming in for 25 minutes, right up to the cut off time. Suffice to say, runners of all shapes and sizes got past the cut off okay with very few falling short. I suspect it might have been different had the weather been bad but, in fine weather (which its forecast to be on Sunday) it'll be a doddle
    20 mins to spare. But oh boy it got hard after that! 4:23.

My legs are on fire from the peat. It took ages to get it off and hot water greatly increased the burning. Anyone else suffer from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post

My legs are on fire from the peat. It took ages to get it off and hot water greatly increased the burning. Anyone else suffer from this?
    Peat in the peak district is acid

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post

You must have been just in front of me Stef?? 4.23 too well on my garmin anyway so maybe I was a tad slower? Not too worry still came in before the 4.30 target got to Mam nik on schedule 2.10 at the trig then caught up in tourist traffic down to the checkpoint!!

Glorious day, bit too hot for me if I'm honest, god know's what I'll be like in 'summer' Wheels started coming off round brown knoll way in all that bloomin bog...the bon bons and dates weren't helping that much and am now convinved those power bar gels just don't agree with me....stomach cramps were not very pleaasant

annneeeeyway, was a grand day out although am aching like hell and post race cramps are a whole new experience!

Thanks to all the marshalls...especially the small one on Lose hill who was so brilliantly reading out all the numbers, nice to have something to smile about after getting to top of the climb!

Soup and cake was very much appreciated.

Lovely to see everybody, and even more so to be able to collapse in a heap on a field on a beautiful sunny summers like day. Well done to everybody that finished, an acheivement in itself methinks for us mere mortals!

Great day out!

I felt really strong as far as Lord's Seat but my recent cold caught up with me and it was a real struggle from Jacob's Ladder. I lost about 10 places in the last couple of miles (including a place to a guy who cut all the zig zags below Ringing Roger - not happy about that)

Stunning day for it. Thanks Mountain Man for the lift!

Well done to everyone who ran, it's a tough route but very enjoyable. Can you imagine what it's like up there in bad weather? We were so lucky yesterday, the conditions were perfect if not a little too warm at times, my face looked like a beetroot last night.

Still can't believe you ran in white socks Mudlugger, what were you thinking? Surprisingly they looked quite clean at the end, I must have led you on a good path round the bogs at Brown Knoll! Glad your ankles survived.

it was almost perfect conditions, particularly if your navigation is as good as mine
    thank you again to all the marshals and dpfr for putting on such a great event. so friendly and welcoming and brilliant spread at the end!

i'll catch you next time mrs stagger