Page 214 of 315 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Theolneywayisup View Post
    I may be showing my ignorance here (OK - I AM showing my ignorance here!) but technically what constitutes a base layer as far as the RO is concerned? Is it ANY long sleeved top regardless of thickness, thermal properties etc?

It's not normally an issue for me as I always tend to carry far too much in a race anyway but with the forecast as it is, assuming is stays the same, I am happy to carry a very lightweight top if I am allowed.
    I'm taking a Helly Hansen. I think what with the weather forecast, some of the kit requirement will be dropped on the day. Take everything and then re-pack your bumbag once the organisers give the go ahead to take lighter kit i.e. pertex and not waterproofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
    Excellent news, apologies for any panic caused! See everyone on the start line on Sunday...can't wait!
    No problem, but we have ended up booking a taxi now- want to get there earlier and soak up the pre-race atmosphere! If anyone needs a lift from S11 area we have two spare seats.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Read the packaging again when people talk about calories they are actually talking about Kcals.From http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories.htmIn scientific terms:1000 calories = 1 kilocalorie = 1 kcal = the energy it takes to raise the temperature of 1kg of water by 1°C.In nutrition terms:ie. What you'll find on food packaging, calories = kilocalories and are used interchangeably.In some instances food energy is measured in kilojoules - mostly by the scientific community -though some food packaging also gives kilojoule (kJ) values. 1 kilocalorie = 4.2 kilojoules.
    Thanks for that, I thought I must have the wrong end of the stick. And why shouldn't cals and kcals be used interchangeably. No problem there, so long as you're not sending a mission to mars.

are there any stipulations on the scale for the 'map of the full route' ?

Quote Originally Posted by CribGoch View Post
    Thanks for that, I thought I must have the wrong end of the stick. And why shouldn't cals and kcals be used interchangeably. No problem there, so long as you're not sending a mission to mars.
    Likewise with Gallons and Litres unless you are flying across an ocean
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

there's enough potential confusion on this one already with the clocks going forward, aside from re-writing the laws of nutrition!

Does that mean I've got more time to finish before it gets dark?
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

wow! ok here I go
    Quote Originally Posted by One-eyed Wonder View Post
    IDP what time does kitcheck close? I know registration closes at 10.15. We were thinking of getting the first train out from Sheffield but it gets in at 9.52!
    Many thanks
    no speicific time but I would say around the time registration closes, I have some help who aren't running so they at least can continue on if needed but we would like to try and get the race off on time.

Quote Originally Posted by r0bh View Post
    That's plenty of time - the train from Manchester gets in at 10:07!!
    best get a shift on when you get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Theolneywayisup View Post
    I may be showing my ignorance here (OK - I AM showing my ignorance here!) but technically what constitutes a base layer as far as the RO is concerned? Is it ANY long sleeved top regardless of thickness, thermal properties etc?

It's not normally an issue for me as I always tend to carry far too much in a race anyway but with the forecast as it is, assuming is stays the same, I am happy to carry a very lightweight top if I am allowed.
    any thermal wicking long sleeve top will pass on Sunday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
    I'm taking a Helly Hansen. I think what with the weather forecast, some of the kit requirement will be dropped on the day. Take everything and then re-pack your bumbag once the organisers give the go ahead to take lighter kit i.e. pertex and not waterproofs.
    The last time I spoke to the RO he stated that there is no plan to drop any kit requirements as per the requirements on the race entry form listed earlier today and signed for when you entered.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    are there any stipulations on the scale for the 'map of the full route' ?
    Phew! it's been a long day you know... no stipulation but you must be able to navigate with it and give a grid ref off it so might I suggest that would be 1:50,000 minimum, sorry but you can't use this years skyline t-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    Does that mean I've got more time to finish before it gets dark?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTom View Post
    Is anyone travelling over from Saddleworth??? I can provide a good service by carrying up some food etc to Hollins Cross for people
    That is a good offer, thank you. Are you bringing those Big Kahuna Burgers from Mahmoods?
    a rush and a push and the land is ours

Master

Quote Originally Posted by nippersmith View Post
    That is a good offer, thank you. Are you bringing those Big Kahuna Burgers from Mahmoods?
    Im at home at the moment....possibly could arrange to get a few though
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before