Page 215 of 315 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3150

Thread: Edale Skyline Fell Race

Re: Edale Skyline 2012

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post

Phew! it's been a long day you know... no stipulation but you must be able to navigate with it and give a grid ref off it so might I suggest that would be 1:50,000 minimum, sorry but you can't use this years skyline t-shirt

thanks IDP, you deserve some Rescue Ale after that post :thumbup:

Yes...doesn't he just :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    thanks IDP, you deserve some Rescue Ale after that post :thumbup:
    Quote Originally Posted by BionicBetty View Post
    Yes...doesn't he just :thumbup:
    Had one thanks and needed it after todays efforts, cheers. tired, off to bed now and back to Edale in the Morning to help IanF and the DP team start the set up.

Absolutely beautiful day in Sheffield today - if it's like this at the race tomorrow it'll be shorts and tshirt weather! :thumbup:
    Good luck tomorrow everyone, I'll probably be helping/hindering on kit check so say hi (I'm generally identifiable by the mass of brown curly hair)
    But in the end, journeys brought joys that outweighed the pain - F.T.

Hi all
    I've been in Edale all day with IanF sorting various stuff out. It has been very hot out there with no wind so it is a possibility/likely that the kit will be reduced to windproof but bring both, a long sleeved thermal top though will be required(if only to protect you from the sun)

It was quite cool in the clag this morning though and it didn't burn off until 11.30.

Water, there will be some on route but please carry some as heat exhaustion is a possibility. don't forget the sun cream. Edale centre was chocker today with cyclist, Ramblers and even a bare chested Luvshack, there wasn't enough room to swing a small hill going rodent. please car share where possible.

Good luck one and all.

Hi all
    I've been in Edale all day with IanF sorting various stuff out. It has been very hot out there with no wind so it is a possibility/likely that the kit will be reduced to windproof but bring both, a long sleeved thermal top though will be required(if only to protect you from the sun)

It was quite cool in the clag this morning though and it didn't burn off until 11.30.

Water, there will be some on route but please carry some as heat exhaustion is a possibility. don't forget the sun cream. Edale centre was chocker today with cyclist, Ramblers and even a bare chested Luvshack, there wasn't enough room to swing a small hill going rodent. please car share where possible.

Good luck one and all.
    Cheers for the update Ian. Really looking forward to it, getting all excited now!

Thanks for that idp. look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Luvshack in skins already? Im almost surprised he doesn't self combust in mid-summer!

Heres a quick knee update for those that were asking elsewhere.

http://globaltherapies.wordpress.com...e-knee-update/

Hi all

Good luck one and all.
    Cheers,thanks for the update,won,t mind a bit of 'the old currant bun' got sick of running in the cold this winter.

impossible question but how much Water would a four hour man need to carry in these conditions? I am assuming the streams will be dry

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    impossible question but how much Water would a four hour man need to carry in these conditions? I am assuming the streams will be dry
    Not much. You can fill up in Hope village, after 70 mins or so, then at Mam Nick, just before the cut-off time. I'd expect the brooks on the far side towards the finish to still have some water in, but others can confirm..