Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Clubs and Disciplinary Matters

It was a misinterpretation of the rules Jim, because when it was published, it was specifically to adhere to the rules.
    Anyway, I think it's been cleared up.

In terms of looking at the rules, around 6-7 years ago when I was something akin to Junior rep on the MRAG, I was asked to look at the rules, and rewrote them.

I didn't receive any feedback, positive or negative, so I don't think I'll be going down that route again
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

So in conclusion:
    The FRA have not changed the definition of a junior despite your initial assertion.
    No FRA rules have been broken.
    You are confident that the '19 on day' statement was a misinterpretation of the rules as confirmed to you by the RO (?) , even though it is still a valid condition of entry.
    You are conversant with how Rossendale Harriers choose to run their annual mid-week series of races.
    You are not interested in contributing to the on-going clarification of published rules, other than posting on this forum.

Seems to leave matters pretty much where they were before you re-opened this thread.
    All we've learnt is that TT seems to think it's ok to enter underage even if the RO is at risk of losing his /her license, and worse.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    So in conclusion:
    The FRA have not changed the definition of a junior despite your initial assertion.
    You are confident that the '19 on day' statement was a misinterpretation of the rules as confirmed to you by the RO (?) , even though it is still a valid condition of entry.
    You are conversant with how Rossendale Harriers choose to run their annual mid-week series of races.
    You are not interested in contributing to the on-going clarification of published rules, other than posting on this forum.

Seems to leave matters pretty much where they were before you re-opened this thread.
    All we've learnt is that TT seems to think it's ok to enter underage even if the RO is at risk of losing his /her license, and worse.
    More the case that that was how it was when I was a junior - plenty of the best juniors raced underage week in and out. The organisers knews they were underage, the other races did and their coaches did - it just seemed to be one of those unwritten things that for Auld Lang Syne or Shepherds Skyline etc there'd be juniors who said they were 18.

Being out of fell running now I can't comment on how it is now but 10 years ago there were plenty of kids winning junior championship races on the Saturday and then racing as an 18 year old midweek.

Kids from Rossendale did a lot too.
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    So in conclusion:

Jim, you really are being awkward. I'm not sure why.

The 19 on the day was clearly a misinterpretation. I don't know whether it came from the RO or from another party.
    But I do know it was posted out on the FRA Facebook Page and Rossy Harriers FB page and it was clearly set out that minimum age 19 was being enforced because of the rules limiting 18 year olds to 10km.

Post #93 from Martyn P on this thread confirms that.

Go and talk to Lefty about who and why. I'm sure he can fill you in.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell