Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God..... I need help!!!!!!

God..... I need help!!!!!!

I have been struggling since february when I had a really bad cold/bug thingy!! Over the past two months I have got progressively worse and generally knackered and now I'm struggling to maintain a run at 75% (heart rate of 140 ish max is 188) if i try to push to 85% (around 160) it feels like I'm flat out and full of lactic and have to really slow down shortly after, any races i've down are taking ages to recover from and now pipe between mouth and exhaust seems like the only cure!!!!!

P.S. have now stopped training now which is killing me (and will kill the missus) and feel worse!!!!!

Any advice will be greatly recieved

david

Re: God..... I need help!!!!!!

Recovery from a virus can take sometimes take many months and there's not much you can do about it other than eat sensibly, get plenty of sleep and don't overdo things. Have you had any blood tests done?

the missus took some blood on tues and sent it off should get the results on monday.

P.S. she is a nurse before you ask and doesn't just bleed me dry!

Banned

I agree with David, I suffered for about 6 weeks, 10min miles HR at 90% usually nearer 7min miles for 90%.
    Went to the doc and she said how long had I been struggling, about 3 weeks, she said it would take six to eight weeks. After 10 weeks or so I picked up the training again now back at 5 runs per week with 2 bike rides as well.
    Just rest was the only cure. ( I know, thats not what you wanted to hear)

david

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    the missus took some blood on tues and sent it off should get the results on monday.

P.S. she is a nurse before you ask and doesn't just bleed me dry!
    That's handy .
    If it is just a virus it's unlikely in my experience that it will show up in the blood tests but you should at least be able to eliminate other causes. One thing that can cause symptoms like you describe is anaemia as the red blood cells can't carry oxygen efficiently resulting in rapid fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    That's handy .
    If it is just a virus it's unlikely in my experience that it will show up in the blood tests but you should at least be able to eliminate other causes. One thing that can cause symptoms like you describe is anaemia as the red blood cells can't carry oxygen efficiently resulting in rapid fatigue.
    Depends which tests are done.
    Whatever, as with the other advice, just stop, do nothing until you feel better, however long it takes. If it was a bug, glandular fever for example then this could take months. You are the best judge of that.

i've decided to stop training until monday at least and see what the results bring! didn't train wed or yesterday and getting annoyed already

FellMonster

Sounds like you need a break.

A little bird did whisper to me that your training program is seriously as hard as they come, and perhaps you're just a bit burnt out.

Take a break and get yourself back in good fitness for the relays.....hopefully we'll maybe get a run out on one of the paired legs together Darren.

If its driving you mad Darren find summit else to do!

Go out mountain biking (in this lovely weather) or swimming, though they could be the same at the moment!

Do you play football? Perhaps a game of 5 a side or summit, something to get you running around but not a sustained level of effort???

Sorry to hear that Darren, hope you get it sorted asap!