Thread: cloud 9

cloud 9

I was planning on Edale Half in March but now that is cancelled I'm considering Cloud 9.

Having not run around Congleton before anyoen care to comment on whether is is a good race to do? What is the route like?

Cheers

It's a good race, arguably more of a trail race (part trail/part fell). Brilliantly organised (although one year I remember we all ran clockwise when we were supposed to be anticlockwise [or vice versa], which must have been a surprise to the marshals.

It probably won't compare with Half Edale in difficulty, but it's always been a great day out for me.

It depends what you like. Pure fell runners don't like it because there's too much fast running for them and little what you would call "Fell", but I've always enjoyed it.

There's an older thread about this race here:
    http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...ighlight=cloud

post #130 is an enthusiastic description of the course from yours truly.

I think it's a great race, and Congleton Harriers 'Passing Clouds'(9 miles round the Roaches from Tittesworth) is too - looks like they've moved that one to the summer this year
    Best Wishes

David
    Cheshire Hash House Harriers http://www.cheshirehash.co.uk/cheshire/

Bosley Cloud is a lovely hill with great views. The Cloud 9 race is a fast run to it, over it and back. As it is not a 'pure' fell race, if you are new to fell running it a great race to start with. I have also always found it a very good guide to my fitness. The Congleton Harriers do a wonderful job each year.
    In short... Do it