Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sick of the forum

Re: Sick of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Sod off then.
    It'll be a wrench missing pearls of wisdom like that from f**kwits like you, but hey-ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Monsta View Post
    Totally sick of it. apart from the info about runs, results, and photos, everything else seems to be whingeing, bragging, pedantry, bickering and general beligerent hee-hawing by people who are all old enough to know better. the longer I'm on here the more depressed I get. I can't be the only one.

(but looking at the forum makes me all the more determined to shut my cakehole and improve my running, god forbid I become just another blowhard)
    So that's whingeing, bickering and belligerence ticked off. Only a couple of categories left for a full set.

Beats me why someone who was "totally sick" of the forum yesterday is still on it today. Which I think was what Grouse said, though with a certain economy of phrase.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    When you said on the other thread that you've had abuse from stupid football fans regarding giving your real name on a forum, I resisted the temptation to ask what club it was. I would then have waited for a response and then said (irrespective of what club it was, even if it had been one of the more progressive ones) "well what do you expect, XXXXXXX fans are all a load of Ғµ©*ᵚ1Ԏs". But now you've said it, and it's middlesborough I find it hard to resist. Sorry - have I underlined the whole point of this thread?
    Well, you can find f***wits on most forums. That particular forum was created on the back of one of the oldest (and most progressive in nature) fanzines. There are some very bright and funny contributors...and others that are not....a bit like here, except busier.
    That 8 dart finish thread still makes me laugh. I've had a few chuckles on this forum too, and it's early days for me.

Super Moderator

8 dart thread is good mano and t'was nice to see mention of John Lowe. He used to have a darts shop not a million miles from the world-famous Derby Tup pub in Chesterfield :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Beats me why someone who was "totally sick" of the forum yesterday is still on it today. Which I think was what Grouse said, though with a certain economy of phrase.
    It's a fair comment
    "That was the night everything changed"

Banned

It'll be a wrench missing pearls of wisdom like that from f**kwits like you, but hey-ho.
    Thanks for coming. Narr get yer sen off if yer dun't like us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Sod off then.
    I agree with what Ze Monsta says so i better sod off, wont be back on here. See you all at Pennine Bridleway

Ricky

Yeah this thread has become a self fulfilling prophesy. I think ZM has a point to a degree though, proven almost perfectly by the way two or three people jumped on his case right here. That said a forum is the sum of its members and will always have appropriate proportion of the good, the bad and the ugly regardless. The best thing that ZM can do though if things are pissing him off is to ignore that particular thread or threads and move on

I've never been so insulted!
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Some people have no sense of humour and take themselves too seriously, i do it sometimes, but i'm sick of it
    Hills and Guinness!