Thread: Isle of Man

Isle of Man

Hi,

I'm looking at a trip over to Isle of Man this year as part of a press review for our newspaper. I'm hoping to coincide it with a fell race on the island. Please can those in the know advise me on which Isle of Man race, in their opinion, is the best in the calendar?

Thanks.

Re: Isle of Man

Take a look on the Manx Fellrunners calender ( www.manxfellrunners.org ) ... they have a good variety of races and the route of the Mountain Marathon is SUPERB... if you like dramatic scenery and varied terrain it's got it all. The MMM is in September now and highly recommended. It's a very personal ting, a choice of race but the Narradale race is a good one (and the only one I have done besides the MMM tbh!), but I have a feeling that is only run alternate years.

I am a real fan of the IoM; my wife is Manx and we have family there. I am sure you'll not have a wasted trip and they are well set up with resources for a more comprehensive report on the Island's history, culture, etc.
    Last edited by lantern rouge; 10-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

I like all the races! When are you coming over?
    http://www.manxfellrunners.org/
    My island is very nice

I would really recommend the Easter Festival, 10km on the Friday, fell race at Peel Hill on the Saturday and 5km on the Sunday, a top weekend. More info at www.easterfestival.info

Well everyone has their own favourites but if your making a special trip over and want to make the most of it i'd say either Snaefell on the 28th April as it includes the highest peak, or Bradda on the 17th June as in my opinion anyway its the best race of the year
    Or if your doing a report on the Island, the MMM in September with its change of date would welcome some good publicity to encourage more people to come in 2013 !

Murph
    Good going down !!