Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Capris for men

Re: Capris for men

Yeah, I have a pair. Salomon do 3/4 tights, which I guess are the same as capris? http://www.salomon.com/others/produc...4-tight-m.html
    as long as you call them 3/4 tights, and not capris, its ok.

Yeah love em myself. I have a pair of Gore 3/4 tights and don't think they are girlie, just make sure when you order some you don't have a nice pink stripe on them! Also like wearing them on the bike, keep those top leg muscles nice and snug.

I had one in about 1978, it was quite a good car until the gear lever pulled out in my hand - it had a brilliant heater! I also liked the footpump and switch on the floor next to the clutch to work the wipers and washers, a proper squeezy footpump, non of your modern electric rubbish. I just wish I could have afforded one of the new fangled hatchback versions for putting kit in the back.

But to be boring and stick with the thread, I've started using them and rate them. Dont care what they look like, they are a useful bit of kit.

I bought a pair of fetching Adidas capris from the Pear Mill factory shop for a very good price and I love em.

Quote Originally Posted by Masham Man View Post
    Yeah love em myself. I have a pair of Gore 3/4 tights and don't think they are girlie, just make sure when you order some you don't have a nice pink stripe on them! Also like wearing them on the bike, keep those top leg muscles nice and snug.
    I think you may be behind the times. For years sturdy (male) ramblers have been wearing pink jackets, I see men in pink trainers lifting weights and I saw a young man running the other day in matching pink scarf & shoes. Personally, I wouldn't be seen dead in pink, but it doesn't look so bad on men.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Funny how Capris might be considered girly but tights are OK.

You lot'll be turning up to Borrowdale in stripey legwarmers next.

There is a good picture of a male runner sporting 3/4 length tights (capris) on the Wadsworth Trog thread, the winner James Logue in fact. It is a good look!

Quote Originally Posted by nippersmith View Post
    There is a good picture of a male runner sporting 3/4 length tights (capris) on the Wadsworth Trog thread, the winner James Logue in fact. It is a good look!
    Though judging by the state of his shins, full length bottoms might have been a wiser choice...
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

It must be my age, I thought this thread was about cars
    http://www.fordcapri.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Also Noel, is your colleague who does a "fair bit of running" a fell runner; or one of those "girlie" road runners that never gets the leg ends of his tights wet & muddy?
    He is more of a roadie than a fell racer, but has done Langdale Horseshoe in his time, so I can't mock, as I haven't.