Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Too much time running?

Re: Too much time running?

Agree. We both share some hobbies- orienteering, skiing, and some running/ mountain walks and skiing. But I will go off for my long runs and ultras while husband and son will rock climb. He has given up lots of time to support me (and others) eg Ribble way challenge- a whole day of driving and feeding. I have tried to do same in return and have sometimes run/ hitched to fit in with their climbing. I think it helps that we both love the outdoors and being busy. It needs some give and take.

very understanding today- caught me checking the weather forectast and virtually instructed me to go for a long long run because apparently if I don't and then it raind as promised tomorrow I will be grumpy!

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    How much time spent running is too much? My partner does not run (or have any interest in running) and does not have any other time consuming hobbies. It seems that the time I spend running is too much in his eyes. I train about 8 hours a week, trying to get one long run of 4 hours in at the weekend. I feel like I have already compromised a lot on training, and even running early in the morning to minimise time not spent together is not enough. I'm starting to wish I was content doing short races! How do other people work this out with non running partners?
    s

Ditch the deadwood and bring in the new Bah. I always struggled in my marriage with my ex. I use to try all sorts to please my non-running partner,but really in the end she just did'nt get the the running thing and what it means to us all. In the end she made the choice and left me, I'm a happy bunny now. Good luck