Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animated running video

Re: Animated running video

Excellent :thumbup:

Wow, love it. They've got the movement off to a T, even down to the snot rocket.
    Last edited by BritNick; 15-02-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Added a reference to snot....

Terrific, there must be a sequel in the offing, the ending was left open!:closed:
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

Master

....but the gate was shut firmly behind him. Is that the bit you liked best Allan?
    I was expecting the angry dog to appear at any moment...maybe in the sequel too..

He wants to be careful heelstriking while running barefoot, he'll end up injured!
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    ....but the gate was shut firmly behind him. Is that the bit you liked best Allan?
    I was expecting the angry dog to appear at any moment...maybe in the sequel too..

Do you know what? I am amazed at that comment OB1. I did actually smile to myself that the cartoonist thought to close the gate. To my mind, this animation must have been drawn by a runner. There are things in there that only a runner would think to include. Note how he puts his head down while tonking up the hill to the gate. Also how he seems to be silently cursing the crow that has almost ruined his run. And how he marvels at the stars, as on a Bob Graham with a clear night. I think it is a work of art, if you'll excuse the pun.
    AG
    Allan Greenwood - Calder Valley Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by stringman View Post

Do you know what? I am amazed at that comment OB1. I did actually smile to myself that the cartoonist thought to close the gate. To my mind, this animation must have been drawn by a runner. There are things in there that only a runner would think to include. Note how he puts his head down while tonking up the hill to the gate. Also how he seems to be silently cursing the crow that has almost ruined his run. And how he marvels at the stars, as on a Bob Graham with a clear night. I think it is a work of art, if you'll excuse the pun.
    AG
    Got to agree with all that, I noticed those small bits of detail, which really added to my enjoyment of it.

I have had to watch to several times

Yep, the details make it for me
    pies

Theres just so much about this that is spot on - I was out yesterday after watching it and had the tune and the image stuck in my head and it felt as though I was just cruising along.
    I like all of it but I particularly like the view from the gate - distant path leading to the high mountains - and how much he seems to enjoy running down from the gate - and running through the storm, and the night time stars - and, and, and.....
    I wonder who the maker is - seems to be a couple of years old on vimeo so doesn't look like theres a sequel, at least not yet but I agree with everyone who has said that they must really know and understand running, and I think specifically probably fell running or at the very least off road somewhere - its just so 'right'. If you're on here reading this - thanks and how about a sequel?

Master

You can find the background story to this video project here:
    http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-b...wards-for-nike

Interesting read. Allan is right. One of the co-creators James Jarvis is an 'obsesssive runner'.
    If it's the same JJ on Power of 10 then he has some decent times too!

Investigatin closed.