Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Rivington Pike Website

Re: New Rivington Pike Website

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Nah I didn't deserve it, I was never that good. At least I got my picture (a very young me with a Drago haircut) in the Rivington Pike book if only in the shade of Craig Roberts.

The first change was the fence added at the bottom of the course which just meant on a good day cutting across a little earlier. The second change was the added fence higher up. That one made the biggest difference. I reckon your time would be worth a 16.20-16.30 on the shortest line. When Keith Anderson won in 16.40 ish the field that he cut was very muddy. I remember it because I didn't have any studs so ran it in Nike Huraches. Ended up losing loads of time on the descent as I took new lessons in ice skating!

Anyway 16.40 in those conditions was exceptional.
    Tell me more, tell me more Chris...''The older I get, the better I was!!'' as the saying goes. I'd never even heard of the race in 1992, being a 'soft midlander' stuck running round a boring old track endlessly. Then I discovered there was more to running, thank god!!
    Hey, I can't believe that's you in the Rivington book! Don't worry mate, old age comes to us all, you could have a good stab at the vet 40 rec if you got back to top shape (you old fart ha ha!) i can still say that being 'only' 39!...while we're on the subject of the Rivington Pike book, I must dedicate the website to Pete Watson (author of the book-as I have on the website) as without the info I got from his brilliant work, I wouldn't have even thought about producing any lists etc. I'm not sure if he has any copies left, but for anyone who hasn't read the book, it's a must if your a fan of the Rivi Pike!
    Ive just added a new page about the 'Lantern Pike' too at the bottom of the website if anyone's interested. Again, if anyone spots any mistakes or 'missed athletes' I'd be more than happy to know, as I've only got limited resources to work from, so there may be further athlete's who've gone 'Sub 31'. I'm sure 'Dynamo Dan will have a look!
    Last edited by stato; 21-02-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Re: New Rivington Pike Website

For anyone interested, If you haven't already viewed my website dedicated to the Rivington Pike fell race, please take a look by 'Googleing' pikeracers.com (especially if you plan on running the Pike on Saturday) I have recently added more to my 'Pike racers' Website, (sorry, mainly about my own running background!! which you may/maynot be interested in viewing! I just got a bit carried away and was enjoying working on it too much)...Anyway, best of luck to all competeing on Saturday. I've been contemplating on doing it myself after a few recent 'jogs', but fear it would be a bit much ''in at the deep end'' to say the least at the moment for me. Hope to be there one way or another, probably just in 'yelling abuse' mode!