Thread: Coniston Solitude

Coniston Solitude

On Friday I parked on the Walna Scar Road at 0700, ran out to levers water, up prison band to swirl how, over the old man and back to walna scar without seeing a soul. What a superb experience, normally when i'm decending the old man around that time I bump into the walkers on their way up but nothing, not a sausage. I got back to my car which was still parked on its own, heaven.

Now to totally contrast my experience I ran the Black Combe race route this morning and have never seen as many people in my life up there. I've ran that route dozens and dozens of times and hardly seen a soul, today was amazing, people everywhere. Nice weather though, tired legs and a poor run but thats my problem, think my joy at being back on the fells has lead me to overdo it a bit this week.

Re: Coniston Solitude

Coniston sounds great, early morning or late afternoon gives you the impression that no one comes to my private playground called the Lake district.Just like the CFR Tuesday night traing runs.......assuming that's you in your avatar

You are indeed correct, that would be me in my CFR vest. I trust you're our chairman ?

The Tuesday night runs look good to me and I was chatting to a friend who I run with in Wasdale about popping along for one. Main issue for me is I work up the coast and live on Walney, which isn't really an excuse because I manage to get out in Wasdale after work one night a week, it's more to do with sticking one in the diary and coming along. I mainly get out in Wasdale on Wednesdays and Thursdays but i'll have a check on the website and come along.

"trust" - so easy to be misled!Jennings inspired by the local brew ( to whom I subscribe regularly in a bid to keep local industry thriving)And not inspired by the CFR secretary, who whilst a fine chap, does not give me as much pleasure as the local product

Thats me all over, either mislead or misplaced.

Thought Paul was Chairman this year, i'm so out of touch. I'll pop along to a Tuesday evening run in March, I could do with meeting some fellow members. I can't make next Tuesday so i'll see whats planned for the week after and tag along. I'm no gazelle though !

Are you doing Black Combe next week ? Be nice to meet if you are.