Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kettlewell - BOFRA champs

Kettlewell - BOFRA champs

Anybody else do this?

Results now up:

http://www.bofra.co.uk/KettlewellResults2007.html

Was a pretty decent quality field. An amazing run by Rossendale's young Sam Tosh. Just 7s behind Tim Austin in 5th. He's started to find form now he's joined Rossendale again.

I'm slowly starting to find some fell form again too. Don't normally do well on rocky descents.

Re: Kettlewell - BOFRA champs

I had a go - was in Kettlewell overnight after the Buckden Race and it would have been rude not to!

Fantastic little race with the added interest of crossing the river - glad it had subsided a bit from Friday night when the river was very high and a raging torrent. The race itself was tougher than I expected - a good tussle with Grifter resulting in a 5 second difference. Revenge for Buckden the day before when he got the better of me.

Might try a few more of these if they fit in with other races I have planned.

yes we were there. It was my injured daughter who delayed the start of the seniors race. She's Ok just twisted her ankle early on the descent.

River crossing was interesting - lots of the kids had a swim.

What a good weekend - Buckden Pike and Kettlewell - two races only totalling 5.5 miles but don't be fooled by the distance these are really worth doing. Make a weekend of it and enjoy the three pubs in Kettlewell.

This was toptastic - especially the river crossing - any more rain and we'd have been pulling little ones out of the river near bradford!

So good to see all the kids racing - even the little lass who had to have a piggy back across to the other side - does anybody know how she got back?

Does anybody know about the injured warriors from saturdays race?

This was toptastic - especially the river crossing - any more rain and we'd have been pulling little ones out of the river near bradford!

about bloody time you started racing again

Quote Originally Posted by Timo Austino View Post

So good to see all the kids racing - even the little lass who had to have a piggy back across to the other side - does anybody know how she got back?
    That might have been my little lass. They gave her a lift on the return journey as well.

We were there as a family. Both our daughters ran in the U9 and U12 races, unfortunately both parents were out of action and were reduced to spectating. I was intending to run but managed to trip over during my run round Frodsham on Saturday and gave myself a massive deadleg. My right leg was so stiff I could barely keep up with my 5 year old in the U9 race. Hope it's right for The Druid on Wednesday.

Looked like a great little race to do so will hopefully be back next year.
    Everybody's heart doesn't beat the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post

about bloody time you started racing again
    Racing Jim but not as you know it!!!!

Hope to be comin' up behind you soon, again....

Quote Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
    That might have been my little lass. They gave her a lift on the return journey as well.

We were there as a family. Both our daughters ran in the U9 and U12 races, unfortunately both parents were out of action and were reduced to spectating. I was intending to run but managed to trip over during my run round Frodsham on Saturday and gave myself a massive deadleg. My right leg was so stiff I could barely keep up with my 5 year old in the U9 race. Hope it's right for The Druid on Wednesday.

Looked like a great little race to do so will hopefully be back next year.

The ice cold water could have been just what you deadleg needed!

Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    An amazing run by Rossendale's young Sam Tosh. Just 7s behind Tim Austin in 5th. He's started to find form now he's joined Rossendale again.
    It was Grant who was 7 secs behind and these courses suit grant
    Last edited by Roger Rabbit; 18-06-2007 at 09:24 PM.
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running