Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bravo Two Zero!!

Re: Bravo Two Zero!!

I think it was Andy MnCan who wrote a story about training for the SAS and how it all occurred (him or Chris Ryan!), after reading that the one thing I thought was actually I think the SAS are the most sane out of all the soldiers. Their logic, expectations and skills were honed, then honed, then honed....... no wonder they are the force they are!! That book I found inspirational....

The other war book that was superb for me was 'Don't cry for me Argentina' written by Jeremy Hands and Max Hastings (2 journalists), they accompanied the soldiers on the frontline in the Falklands, and their tales were true, heart rending at times but also showed British soldiers for what they were, warts and all...

And i have to say, inspiration is good, i believe it has a huge positive impact. And after reading that book, i certanley feel bad about whinging sometimes!!! And as for lance, there's a poster of him opposite the ex bikes at the gym, perfect positioning for when i'm totally knackered and ready to keel over. I manage another few k then drop off unable to breath
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Personally i find Chris Ryan an inspirational bloke. No-nonsense, physically and mentally determined and a geordie to boot, never a met a geordie i didn't like.
    His book, The One That Got Away is a great read, also enjoyed the t.v. programme Hunting Chris Ryan.
    Hills and Guinness!

I agree with what Steve Foster said. It doesn't really matter what you draw on, if it gets you out the door on a cold wet night, or makes you push yourself that bit harder, it's got to be a good thing. I've thought of Chris Ryan, Tommy Voeckler clinging onto his yellow jersey last year and youtube video of Rob Jebb at Grasmere!
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

For true inspiration you need to look no further than Major Phil Packer. Surprised no one's mentioned him already.

Last edited by The devil's own; 28-02-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Chris Ryan can shoot better than he punches though

Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Chris Ryan can shoot better than he punches though
    Oh thats poor
    "That was the night everything changed"

Shootin's better, dont have to get so close to the enemy eh?

Forgot to mention our other elite units like para's and marines. My mate who's super fit joined the marines tears ago. Even he said he was seeing stars at basic trainig. Sheer exhaustion.
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound