Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Tour of Bradwell

Re: Long Tour of Bradwell

first time for me on this one. Nice route (despite me cursing the steep descents in first half)
    Thanks to those who kept me company and helped with the navigation.
    Really well organised and great marshalls as always

Never gets any easier good to see the choice of food had increased this at the check points and thx to the marshalls and soup was good at the finnish a final big thanks to who ever handed in polar footpod, thought it was rip somewhere on kinder. A butal event but cannot wait for next year

nice to meet SarahB & run with her until she got bored of my slow pace and raced off into the distance - Well Done on a sub-8! :thumbup:
    ditto JimN a bit later
    cracking times by euph and HelenS
    good to see BritNick in Fell Ponies attire

[there now follws a copy & paste of my review on Runner's World site]
    I went off far too quick (again), but justified it to myself by putting it down to being a lot fitter, plus it was cloudier early on so wanted to make the most of it
    at one point I was on for about 8:07 and started to get giddy about threatening 8 hours... then reality started to kick in (and the sun came out) and after the dreaded flat bit before Leadmill my legs refused to cooperate anymore and even an 8:15 became impossible - Jim overtook me and I chugged in to 8:24 which I've gotta be happy with

I drank HUGE amounts of liquid (energy drink and water with electrolyte tabs) and that seemed to keep the cramp at bay

weighed myself this morning and I am still 7 pounds down on yesterday
    summary: acceptable time, poor pacing
    conclusion: 3rd time lucky for a sub-8...
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Hmm. Drank so much I needed a loo stop before Bamford- unusual for me. Ate more than I usually do but not vast amounts. Ignored temptation of icecream van. Beer and meal last night. Now weigh normal!

Daz - sorry for running off, found myself a good pace and kept with it, you were far from slow and what a fab time sub 8.30 :thumbup: You are well on for a good time with the BS! I really had to push it to make sub 8 and the ice cream shop was shut so after all that I never got an ice cream!

Great event, great route, will definitely do it again. Thanks to all the organisers and marshalls. It was tough, tougher than i expected in that heat, probably got a bit carried away and went off slightly to fast, went wrong with Will S and the Chapel boys, maybe an extra mile. Thanks to the Penistone boys and Amanda for help with the nav later when i had the brain power of a jelly fish. ( ie slightly up on normal....). Big congrats to Ian S, and Ant (your are a legend already) and Helen S on a great win and some pretty energetic vomiting. For Paul R it just wasnt tough enough and he started headbutting trees. Hope the head is better now Paul. great pint in that pub after. See you soon!

Thanks Geoff - see you at the Bullock. Thanks also to Peter Barr of Retford AC who patched the wound up and Grandslammer, Michael Plummer for his reassurance. I'm very grateful. Great day out, on my feet much longer than anticipated but glad to have the miles on my legs. I met some interesting people who were training for longer events inc UTMB & the Dragon's Back, good luck folks....

Quote Originally Posted by geofpet View Post
    ... For Paul R it just wasnt tough enough and he started headbutting trees. Hope the head is better now Paul...
    I did that too!
    just before Stoke Ford
    looked like a nice leafy bower
    harbouring a cosh-like low-hanging log of a branch :w00t:
    impressive graze on my scalp to show for it

sounds like there's going to be a fair old reunion at Bullock Smithy :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    I did that too!
    just before Stoke Ford
    looked like a nice leafy bower
    harbouring a cosh-like low-hanging log of a branch :w00t:
    impressive graze on my scalp to show for it

sounds like there's going to be a fair old reunion at Bullock Smithy :thumbup:
    Daz, you 'hit the nail on the head' with that description. That tree caught me by surprise as well. It was painful enough at the time to require a stop and a 'rubbing better'. I still have the graze on my scalp too.

It was good to see loads of familiar faces there and a few new ones. Well done Daz for achieving your sub 8:30 target. This one never gets any easier; it's always a tough but enjoyable slog, so well done to the Lakeland 50/100-ers who turned out. Thanks to the organisers and marshals. I did detect a subtle improvement in provisions. The sandwiches were a first, from what I can recall. From the keenness of the marshals at the checkpoints I suspect it might get even better next year. :thumbup:

it's that time again
    definite sub-8 for me this year