Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf`s Pit Jnr/senior races

Re: wolfs's pit

Hi All.
    I can't make me mind up about this race.
    It'll take a good hour to drive to it sunday.
    Do you think its worth it, or should I just head out for a sunday run more local to my house?

Ta

Tim

I'll be there - looks a good one, and I want to do the whole gritstone series this year.

Anyone know if there is any real navigation on this one, or if it's self-explanatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ruck View Post
    Hi All.
    I can't make me mind up about this race.
    It'll take a good hour to drive to it sunday.
    Do you think its worth it, or should I just head out for a sunday run more local to my house?

Ta

Tim
    My answer depends on where you plan to finish in the field. You see, one of the ways I tell how well I've done is my percentile.

If you're going to be behind me: This, by all accounts (I didn't do it last year) is a great race. People were talking about it being a future English Championship counter. It'll set you up for the season.

If you're going to be infront of me: Unless this is one of your target races, you should do a hard local training session. It will benefit you more in the long run, and just consider the environmental impact of all that driving.

P.S. I noticed your car share query. I would offer a lift as I'm quite close to Congleton (Wincle), but we have a full car - sorry.

P.P.S. You should do it really, even if you beat me.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Anyone know if there is any real navigation on this one, or if it's self-explanatory?
    Are you likely to be right at the front at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    My answer depends on where you plan to finish in the field. You see, one of the ways I tell how well I've done is my percentile.

If you're going to be behind me: This, by all accounts (I didn't do it last year) is a great race. People were talking about it being a future English Championship counter. It'll set you up for the season.

If you're going to be infront of me: Unless this is one of your target races, you should do a hard local training session. It will benefit you more in the long run, and just consider the environmental impact of all that driving.

P.S. I noticed your car share query. I would offer a lift as I'm quite close to Congleton (Wincle), but we have a full car - sorry.

P.P.S. You should do it really, even if you beat me.
    Haha cheers for that
    mmmmm ... I was planning on getting a PB on this race (having never done it - it shouldn't be too hard).
    Really think I need to get my bum in to gear and do this race.

I've been doing a load of running around the Wincle area over the last year. Any top tips for the area. I normally park on the bridge over the Dane and run to Hen Cloud then back to the car via the Roaches trig.

Tim

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Rich View Post
    Its good addition to the calendar this- a variety of steep, technical and runable sections. Being sent back up the hill at 5 miles was a test esp. last year with wind against. Last bit of descent across the fields was as fast as your legs could carry you- a real leg tester this one.
    wish I was going but it is Mothers day and I can't race every week end esp with the Skyline coming up.

Richard, in the pics there is someone looking uncannily like your self in a Matlock Vest??

Haha cheers for that
    mmmmm ... I was planning on getting a PB on this race (having never done it - it shouldn't be too hard).
    Really think I need to get my bum in to gear and do this race.

I've been doing a load of running around the Wincle area over the last year. Any top tips for the area. I normally park on the bridge over the Dane and run to Hen Cloud then back to the car via the Roaches trig.
    That's one of our favourite runs (although we don't normally go all the way to Hen Cloud). Mrs Noel has recently been raving about heading the other way (up to Wincle Minn) although I can't give you a detailed route description.

I'm a big fan of the Wildboarclough side of that area. For example, park in Wildboarclough, Up and down Shutlingsloe, past Clough House to run up Cumberland Brook to Danebower Hollow, then through the quaries to Three Shires Head, then back to the car (either directly or via Gradbach youth Hostel then over Tagsclough). The latter variation is about 10 miles and is lovely.

Good luck with the PB

That's one of our favourite runs (although we don't normally go all the way to Hen Cloud). Mrs Noel has recently been raving about heading the other way (up to Wincle Minn) although I can't give you a detailed route description.

I'm a big fan of the Wildboarclough side of that area. For example, park in Wildboarclough, Up and down Shutlingsloe, past Clough House to run up Cumberland Brook to Danebower Hollow, then through the quaries to Three Shires Head, then back to the car (either directly or via Gradbach youth Hostel then over Tagsclough). The latter variation is about 10 miles and is lovely.

Good luck with the PB
    Yeah, I've been running around Wildboarclough too. Really love it. I Did the Cat and Fiddle to Bolsey Cloud and came down Cumberland Brook. It was ace.
    Also tried Buxton to Congleton via Wincle... that really kicked me in the bits

If you ever plan a weekend (or even week day) run out and wouldn't mind someone tagging along? I'd be well up for that.
    I've been thinking about the Staff Moorlans AC Gritstone Anytime thing at some point.

Well, hope to see you at the race on Sunday.

Tim

Also tried Buxton to Congleton via Wincle... that really kicked me in the bits
    I'm not surprised. That sounds pretty hardcore.

If you ever plan a weekend (or even week day) run out and wouldn't mind someone tagging along?

Well, hope to see you at the race on Sunday.
    Sounds good. I'm a Fat Boy - black and white shirt. I'll be the one fielding two young kids and a running wife (although there are a few that fit that category). What club do you run for?

I've been thinking about the Staff Moorlans AC Gritstone Anytime thing at some point.
    Sounds intriguing. What's this?

Are you likely to be right at the front at any point?
    Only if the others go the wrong way....

I was hoping for a bit of nav needed, just to get my brain working in time for Edale Skyline.