Thread: 'Comfortable' lakes Hotel/B+B

Great Uncle Bulgaria

'Comfortable' lakes Hotel/B+B

I need to find some comfortable Hotel or B+B accommodation in the Lakes (not Keswick) that is bike and runner friendly (ish). Not a 'tin tent' or hostel and no dragon infested boarding houses please but neither do I want to spend a months pension on a few nights. Asking a lot I know but the need is keenly felt and I'm sure there must be something suitable that you can recommend.

Re: 'Comfortable' lakes Hotel/

I've stayed here before http://www.langdale.co.uk/

And was very please with it. Yes there are some very lavish rooms, but there are also some more down to earth rooms. Think we booked via late rooms or something to that effect so got a good deal. The rooms are spread across various chalets, and buildings across the site you won't have a large posh reception to walk through in your muddy boots and clothes. I think there are some rooms in the main building but I'm sure you could request one of the others.
    "That was the night everything changed"

How 'comfortable' does it need to be? The "New England Hotel" at Windermere used to have en-suite rooms with four-poster waterbeds and jacuzzis!:thumbup:
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Cherry Garth in Ambleside is often the cheapest AND very nice place with good hosts. Just opposite Hayes Garden Centre. I'd always recommend that one. Price depends on day of week, so if they're fairly empty you'd get a good price but wouldn't be cheap for Saturday night only.
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

Sorry to hijack the thread, but planning BG in May and looking for somewhere in Keswick for 5 of us plus very managable dog for the Thursday / Friday / Saturday.

Any suggestions / recommendations before I resort to Google?
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but planning BG in May and looking for somewhere in Keswick for 5 of us plus very managable dog for the Thursday / Friday / Saturday.

Any suggestions / recommendations before I resort to Google?
    Low Bridge End Farm, St. John's in the Vale, has an 8 berth camping barn. £7 pppn. Can't recommend it, as I've never used it; but pretty central for start / finish and first two road x's. You can google them on t'interweb!
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!